• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    763.2 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    750.8 KB · Views: 84
Nice herringbone chain and thimble,vanzutphen

Upvote 0
Bottle neck from 1870-1880 time period and looks like a shard of creamware, same time period. If these were in a trash pit together,ther may be different time periods for what comes out. The thimble is a little harder to date. Didn't change a lot through the years.probably 1900 or a few years give or take.

Upvote 0
Bottle neck from 1870-1880 time period and looks like a shard of creamware, same time period. If these were in a trash pit together,ther may be different time periods for what comes out. The thimble is a little harder to date. Didn't change a lot through the years.probably 1900 or a few years give or take.

Id say its a bead lip finish from a medicinal bottle

Upvote 0
Is your thimble Magnetic? If its silver it will have a makers mark and hallmark on the inside rim. You will be able to date it from that.

Upvote 0
I'll check thimble tonite...bracelet non magnetic for sure though!

Upvote 0
I'll tell you that I don't see silver, I see brass base metal. The first indicator that it isn't silver is the color, the second is that it has a pinch ring. Most chains and pendants made from precious metals don't use pinch rings or links, instead they are soldered shut.

IMG_20150514_075346.jpg

Upvote 0
IMO if there was a clasp it could be narrowed down, but all you seem to have is the other items to guesstimate the date or circa it is from, depth and petina shouldn't be discounted, clean it up.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back