Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, the wife did it again. I looked up to see her walking briskly towards me and I knew that she had something good. I was digging a very valuable pull tab and she calmly dropped it into my hole and asked if it was good. A 1912 Barber Quarter is always good and I have never found one so she has one up on me. However, I found the motherlode of keys, 21 that I dug in about a 15 ft diameter area. I probably could have dug several more but I was already pretty tired and quit them. You know somebody had to be miffed at losing that many. Several were hit by a mower and that was what probably scattered them. They were all fairly deep, 6-8 inches. So she is on cloud 9 right now between the Barber and the Dog Tags. The quarter is worn thin but the date was still great.

Attachments

• 20181122_162231.jpg
    20181122_162231.jpg
    869.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 20181122_182928.jpg
    20181122_182928.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 20181122_182833.jpg
    20181122_182833.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 26
Tell her I said congrats. That’s a nice find.

Good luck DL.

Thanks Tom, I have told her for two years that there had to be a Barber quarter or half in there somewhere (I'm still hoping for a silver dollar LOL). It has been crazy, not getting to hunt for 5 months and then in three trips, three silvers and dog tags. :occasion14:

Nice old silver find! :occasion14:

I do like finding keys...:icon_thumleft:

Shes hooked dude this reminds me of the show everyone loves Raymond where Raymond Takes his wife Debra golfing gotta see it ..

Its really cool you and her do this together Love seei g your posts Well done

Congrats to both of you again DL. Barber quarters are always nice to dig, and it looks like you have some older keys in that batch.

Shes hooked dude this reminds me of the show everyone loves Raymond where Raymond Takes his wife Debra golfing gotta see it ..

Its really cool you and her do this together Love seei g your posts Well done

you made her laugh, she remembered it too. yeah, I get as much joy out of her finding something as I do but we are very competitive. We love the old coins for sure but we hope for the cool relics and the history that they represent. I couldn't ask for a better companion and friend to do this with. You see these guys that have wives that do everything together including things like hunting and fishing and you envy them. Then one day you discover that you have one too. The best feeling was the first time she rode behind me on the 1500 and put her arms around me, I felt complete. But she is a smack talker (I like it though) and I normally kick her butt but she has kicked mine the last couple of hunts (she can kick it all she wants.) Jerry

Way ta go looter. Congrats

Nice!!! Congrats!!! Now if You can only have locks made for keys! :laughing7:

That's a very exciting key collection you unearthed there! Certainly far more valuable than your wife's Barber quarter! All kidding aside, congrats to your wife. Barber quarters are very high up on my list of favorite things to find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back