The Village Field & on to a random field...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started off gridding for 2 hrs 45mins on the Village Field. Normally a good field for hammered but we got none. Not really sure if we were in a dud area or if the hard ground & roughed up clay lumps were messing with our depth. It was hard work walking on & digging/smashing lumps open, so we moved.
We were hoping to get on 'The Hill' Site but the tractor was still discing it up & hadn't done the best area yet, so we looked for a nearby field that was ready.
It was a field that we had only tried once & never had anything Recorded from it.
However, I walked in 20 metres, turned on my machine, put my coil straight on a Roman Coin. (didn't even do the first swing!) I was happy at this point not to have blanked. After an hour exploring, I now know we need to return, as the soil was easier to dig & much easier to walk on. (lighter sandy soil - good indicator for early farming)

Village Field;
Broken Spec Buckle
18th C Clog Clasp
Cru'dad got what I think is a Medieval Iron Axe Head (any experts who could narrow the date, I'm listening...) Its a first for us.

Random Field (Last pic)
Spec Buckle
2 Roman Coins
bits...

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG

Upvote 15
Way to go guys! Great finds. Congratulations!

Excellent day of hunting!

Started off gridding for 2 hrs 45mins on the Village Field. Normally a good field for hammered but we got none. Not really sure if we were in a dud area or if the hard ground & roughed up clay lumps were messing with our depth. It was hard work walking on & digging/smashing lumps open, so we moved.
We were hoping to get on 'The Hill' Site but the tractor was still discing it up & hadn't done the best area yet, so we looked for a nearby field that was ready.
It was a field that we had only tried once & never had anything Recorded from it.
However, I walked in 20 metres, turned on my machine, put my coil straight on a Roman Coin. (didn't even do the first swing!) I was happy at this point not to have blanked. After an hour exploring, I now know we need to return, as the soil was easier to dig & much easier to walk on. (lighter sandy soil - good indicator for early farming)

Village Field;
Broken Spec Buckle
18th C Clog Clasp
Cru'dad got what I think is a Medieval Iron Axe Head (any experts who could narrow the date, I'm listening...) Its a first for us.

Random Field (Last pic)
Spec Buckle
2 Roman Coins
bits...

View attachment 2164467View attachment 2164468View attachment 2164469View attachment 2164470View attachment 2164471
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back