The Track-Way Site - Day 3 - Hammered...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still very sticky mud & just as the wind started to dry it off in the afternoon, the rain came and made it sticky again.
We did however manage 5.5 hrs but with slow progress this mega grid will take many more days yet. Hopefully we are moving closer to a top find, in the meantime we broke the 1 day button Record on this field - 67.

2 Scrappies - 1 with 3 holes, never seen this before, makes me wonder if the break is contemporary & they wanted 2 holes?!
Lead Tudor Button
Livery Button
41th Officer Reg of Foot circa 1820 - improved the day, as we need it.
Medieval Buckle
18th C Clog Clasp
Georgian Medicine Weight
Medieval Lead Bird Seed Feeder
2 Lead Tokens
1 low grade Hammered Penny of Henry III keeps the Streak alive for now...
Bits...

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG

Upvote 21
Still very sticky mud & just as the wind started to dry it off in the afternoon, the rain came and made it sticky again.
We did however manage 5.5 hrs but with slow progress this mega grid will take many more days yet. Hopefully we are moving closer to a top find, in the meantime we broke the 1 day button Record on this field - 67.

2 Scrappies - 1 with 3 holes, never seen this before, makes me wonder if the break is contemporary & they wanted 2 holes?!
Lead Tudor Button
Livery Button
Medieval Buckle
18th C Clog Clasp
Georgian Medicine Weight
2 Lead Tokens
Bits...

View attachment 2063121View attachment 2063122View attachment 2063123View attachment 2063124View attachment 2063125View attachment 2063126View attachment 2063127
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!!

Lead Tudor Button
Livery Button
Medieval Buckle
18th C Clog Clasp
Georgian Medicine Weight
2 Lead Tokens
Bits...

View attachment 2063121View attachment 2063122View attachment 2063123View attachment 2063124View attachment 2063125View attachment 2063126View attachment 2063127
That is quite a pile of buttons Cru'....maybe it can be labeled as a "bastion of buttons"? :). Gaggle of geese, murder of crows etc...but bastion has been taken I think...

And all recovered out of sticky ground... amazing...

Congratulations on the hammered, reg of foot find...and a medieval bird feeder!? Your books are extensive to be able to recognize something like that.

That's a lot of buttons. A lot of people have been there walking, working, dropping things for you.

That is quite a pile of buttons Cru'....maybe it can be labeled as a "bastion of buttons"? :). Gaggle of geese, murder of crows etc...but bastion has been taken I think...

And all recovered out of sticky ground... amazing...

Congratulations on the hammered, reg of foot find...and a medieval bird feeder!? Your books are extensive to be able to recognize something like that.
Yeap hard work trying to work out where the signals went, many of them get stuck on the spade & some on your feet!

Some ID the Lead vessel as a Holy Water holder, I'm not convinced by that ID.

Yeap hard work trying to work out where the signals went, many of them get stuck on the spade & some on your feet!

Some ID the Lead vessel as a Holy Water holder, I'm not convinced by that ID.
Definitely time for a hot shower and a couple pints after that!

Last edited:
Howdy Cru,
May I ask what a medicine weight is?
Tried searching b4 I ask and just got a lot of diet/weight loss sites🤘

Howdy Cru,
May I ask what a medicine weight is?
''Apothecaries' weight, traditional system of weight in the British Isles used for the measuring and dispensing of pharmaceutical items and based on the grain, scruple (20 grains), dram (3 scruples), ounce (8 drams), and pound (12 ounces).''
I couldn't spell Apothecary Weight.:laughing7:

Bunch of buttons there! The three holed coin is weird. The holes also look precisely drilled, not just punched with some square nail....
Yeap, all show signs of drilling in this period, circa 6th C AD.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back