The spare change weekend road trip

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
We have all heard that a penny saved is a penny earned, but with us spare change saved is a free weekend road trip. The first picture is of the change I tossed into a jar when I come home from work every evening. the $20.00 bill and $5.00 bill were from 3 monthes of found pennies that we coin starred.
We headed out yesterday with over cast skys to hunt some sites we have been to before plus checking some new sites for future.
One town that we checked seemed like we spent more time picking up someone elses trash, either they were slobs or they had a hole in the trash side of their pouch ??? . Persitance paid though and by the end of the end of the day Bobbie had found the only gold for the weekend; a 14k hoop earring. We both found some costume jewlery and coins and other trinkets. Today started off with rain and we dodged or hunted all morning in the rain. Total for the weekend was $18.00 in clad, Bobbie ended up with gold earring from yesterday and added a silver one today, I ended up with a couple of silver earriings, and a $2.00 Hong Kong coin.
We have already started tossing the change into the jar for the next free weekend.
congrats to all those that got out
hh
dave+bobbie

Attachments

• DSCF0128.JPG
    DSCF0128.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 324
  • DSCF0193.JPG
    DSCF0193.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 262
  • DSCF0197.JPG
    DSCF0197.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 260
  • DSCF0194.JPG
    DSCF0194.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 258
Upvote 0
WTG Dave & Bobbie! You two are knockin em dead!! Always seem to find gold to! Sounds like you two had a wonderful weekend!

HH 8) surfrat

That sounds like a GREAT weekend! Congrats on the finds.HH

Wow you two! What a great idea!
And from the looks of it...it won't take you long to be on another week-end trip!

Congrats on you finds!!

;)

Whata weekend, It doesn't sound like it could have gotten much better. Keep up the good work and save, save save. ;):D
Mchamby

Excellent!

HH

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back