Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
on the subject of these tools i will put some images here for your perusal
the shaft abraders are usually made from sandstone or pumice or other stone that has an abrasive surface
some for arrows and some with a larger groove......they are held in pairs ...one on top of the other with the shaft in between
the arrow shaft wrenches i find are made from buffalo rib and are usually broke across the holes
i realize most of the tnet members already know what i just said but we are always having new people join and want to learn
these are what we find in the dakotas and montana and i suppose there are many variations in other parts of the country

IMG_1496.jpg IMG_0422.jpgIMG_0085.jpg

IMG_1495.jpgIMG_0110.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg100_4657.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg100_4655.jpg

IMG_1390.jpgIMG_0087.jpg

Upvote 0
Awesome photos and collection Larson ! We don't find any bone artifacts in my area, and very few stone abraders, personally I have found none. Good on you for showing these, and I am eagerly learning all the time. HH

Those are some awesome abraders and shaft straighteners. With all the bone in your field I wasn't fortunate to find one of those straighteners. Thanks for sharing those! :thumbsup:

Those abraders are hard to come by around here. I have only found two of them.

Folder #1 178.JPG Folder #1 179.JPG

Folder # 3 004.JPG

Im sure they had them here in my area but have yet to find one. Nice examples both of you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back