The Season Begins: Pits #1-#8..Thats a lot of diggin!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Well hello again everyone, it has been some time since we had a chance to go out and dig a few pits. Wow what a long winter it has been >:( Oh well, we finally made it out and probed a few areas around some 1890's homes. Found a few actual privy pits and some trash dump areas. It was a whole lotta digging for very few bottles. :( But we did manage some nice milks, and some cokes. The largest pit was 5 feet by 5 feet and around 8 feet deep. :thumbsup: That's what we like. Don and I were a bit exhausted after three solid days of digging. :o. All in all it was a good time and we did save some glass. Anyone have a clue as what the 3rd picture shows. Can't quite decipher what that bottle has on it. :icon_scratch:

A few days off now for spring break and hoping to get back out and do some pit diving!!! Take care out there and be careful everyone. Its good to be back posting again. ;D jgas

Attachments

• L1.JPG
    L1.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 557
  • L2.JPG
    L2.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 558
  • L3.JPG
    L3.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 562
  • L4.JPG
    L4.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 560
  • L5.JPG
    L5.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 554
  • L6.JPG
    L6.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 540
  • L7.JPG
    L7.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 552
  • L8.JPG
    L8.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 554
  • L9.JPG
    L9.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 551
  • L10.JPG
    L10.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 558
Upvote 0
I am glad to see you guys back at it :thumbsup:. I can't wait to see what else you uncover this season . Best of luck :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:MaineRelic

Glad to see you back. Look forward to reading your future finds.

I could be wrong, (hey, its happened a time or two) but it looks similar to some Chinese opium bottles I saw dug in San Francisco years ago. :laughing7:

I see you're still finding the good ones. Good for you!!

Eagle

Just received my probe in the mail, and I'm getting the itch to do some bottle digging as well.
Excellent diggings!
Carl

Jgas,
Glad to see that Northern Indiana weather has cleared up a bit for you guys. :thumbsup: Some great looking bottles guys.
Were most of them from the local South Bend area?
You guys must have muscles of steel digging that much. ;D
Congrats,
Doug

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back