THE RING, BATMAN, AND BUST

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Date: 7-16-05
Time: 18:00 hrs
Conditions: Heavy to Med. to Light rain, thunder, Lightning, 30+ mile an hr winds- depending at what point!
Air temp during hunt: 72' but quick rise to around 90' after the rain stopped (that's when I quit).
Area searched: beach/water hunt at local lake that has given up many old pieces in the past (had lake completely to myself ;D )
Water temp: approx 80'
Depth of finds: water varied from ankle to neck deep - depth of targets varied from approx 7" to 15"+
Weapon of choice: Mine-lab Ex-cal 1000
Time spent: 1.5 hrs hunt time
Items found: shown below

Attachments

• lakeintherain 001.jpg
    lakeintherain 001.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 438
  • lakeintherain 002.jpg
    lakeintherain 002.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 367
  • lakeintherain 003.jpg
    lakeintherain 003.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 376
  • lakeintherain 004.jpg
    lakeintherain 004.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 422
Upvote 0
Nice Bust !

Congrats !

Jeff

bmanofnbc said:
Holy Toledo Batman!!! Nice dime!!!

What is the ring made of?

Not sure, but it's heavy,

it may be silver, I have to clean it up yet to see if there's any markings,

gotta get me a "tester kit" for gold and silver!

Good finds lonewolfe!!!How long did you hunt for?How deep in the water were you? Looks like a really cool hunt.WTG!!!

hey there lonewolfe,
great finds.just for the heck of it i tried a search for your ring,it doesn't look quite like the one on ebay. but i think it is silver. it may not even be a batman ring,might be a cult or just bat ring.any
how they are great finds.the dime is the best one.
h.h.
oldtimer :)

Congrats Lonewolfe on some nice finds ! Go back and find more !

Huntin' 59er

Thanks for the praise guys,

I'm going back soon,

it's a local lake, and not been detected to death by anyone extremely experienced (evident by all the old finds I make in it) and at the depths they are found.

Thinking about taking my scuba gear with a detector into deeper water to see if there's some really good, and decent quantities of items in the deeper water :)

There was a HUGE "wooden dive platform" in/on the lake from around 1875 thru 1930s/40s with several points to dive from at several heights, and they charged a dime to use it for the day, so, I believe there's some good stuff to be found in deeper water ;D

It just depends on the "sea-weed bed/s" and if they're too thick or not. Sometimes they're so bad that, you can't get to the good old stuff because of them >:(

Will check it out, and keep you informed,

HH all,

Lonewolfe

Awesome finds Lonewolfe, that dime had to be pretty thrilling! Commendable report as well....DIIIIISMISSED! JO

That is to cool. The dime is great and the condition of the wheatie is unreal. Batman looks like he had better days. The Location of the old dive platform should be a good site. How deep is it where it used to be? The seawed is probably hiding a big perch or too for dinner so make sure ya got the spear gun ;D Later. HH

Floater said:
That is to cool. The dime is great and the condition of the wheatie is unreal. Batman looks like he had better days. The Location of the old dive platform should be a good site. How deep is it where it used to be? The seawed is probably hiding a big perch or too for dinner so make sure ya got the spear gun ;D Later. HH

LOL @ spear-gun and perch!

The highest point of the dive platform was 12' I beleive Float, and the depth of water is 15' where you jumped/dove.

The problem we have here in MI in lakes at 10 to 15 to 20 ft is with seaweed,

the crap grows every-where, and in massive thick clumps/areas on the lake bottoms.

That makes it hard to get at items with a detector because you get tangled up if it's too thick,

and believe me,

that's not fun while diving & holding detector, scoop, dealing with dive equipment, trying to swim, etc. >:(

there's a LOT of good stuff in some of these lakes but,

trying to get it out of seaweed infested areas (in most lakes) has, and does prevent most from doing so.

That dime is awesome!! ?Thanks for all the info you included. ?It is nice to know more than just 'I found this at the lake'. ?Great finds.

Great finds Lonewolfe!

Loved the description almost as much as the finds!

:D

Nice post and congrats on the old silver! HH, Mike

rtde3 said:
Nice Dime & Cool Ring! The dive area sounds like a great spot if the weeds are not to bad. Do they make under water weed wackers?? LOL!

LOL!

I wish!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back