The Results from the drained slough marina only the goodies.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A 1946 Rosie /1948 quarter 5 wheats and not shown $5.51 in clad, no jewelry but at least now I am no longer wondering and about 3lbs of lead. 100_6119.JPG100_6120.JPGThe only other silver coins I have ever found have been in coinstars or tot-lots so now I can actually say I have truly dug silver coins trashed albeit but they are beauties in my eyes.

Upvote 13
Nothing like seeing silver in the hole, huh?....congrats!

Great job just wait you will find that one old swimming hole or party spot and silver will be all over. Silver is scarce here also but Winter for me is good research time I hope you find lots more Thanks for the post!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrata BWD...those old marinas are GOLD MINES...keep pluggin' away my friend, and probably sooner than later you'll run into a "hot" spot...great hunt! Ddf

Congrata BWD...those old marinas are GOLD MINES...keep pluggin' away my friend, and probably sooner than later you'll run into a "hot" spot...great hunt! Ddf

I had figured it wouldn't be too good,Pretty much what I expected although the silver coins were a surprise.This slough is in a sparsely populated area mostly farming in the area.Generally only boat launching not much swimming.

Great job just wait you will find that one old swimming hole or party spot and silver will be all over. Silver is scarce here also but Winter for me is good research time I hope you find lots more Thanks for the post!!!!!!!!!!!

The river that drains into the slough actually used to have a ferry running up and down it I wish I could find the landings but they have been lost to farmers and the river changing course over time It is recorded that Fremont and Kit Carson used the ferry during their travels out here in the west.Fremont actually had a fort up here by Mariposa.That's what I've heard and read at the Kearney Mansion by Fresno,Ca.

The river that drains into the slough actually used to have a ferry running up and down it I wish I could find the landings but they have been lost to farmers and the river changing course over time It is recorded that Fremont and Kit Carson used the ferry during their travels out here in the west.Fremont actually had a fort up here by Mariposa.That's what I've heard and read at the Kearney Mansion by Fresno,Ca.

For as many times as I've detected Kearney Park, I've never taken the time to go into the mansion. Perhaps I should for research purposes. Nice haul at the slough.

Congrats on scoring silver coins!

Be very careful though, those things are highly addictive, once you start finding them, that's all you will want to do! You will tire of the dimes quickly, and desire only quarters and half dollars.

Well played sir.

A big congrats on pulling those keepers BOTB. :occasion14:

Congrats on the silvers! Maybe the baking soda, aluminum foil, hot water trick would brighten them up?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back