THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning everyone.

The wild persimmons are ripe now. Got a big bowl of them yesterday. Unfortunately, I am now the only person in the house who will eat them. I thought it was funny to introduce the wife and kids to them before they got ripe (same way I was introduced to them as a kid). They apparently didn't think it was funny -- that was years ago and I haven't convinced them to eat a ripe one yet.

The trees are loaded. I think I might see if I can make some jam out of them.

View attachment 2170987
View attachment 2170988
My inlaws used to grow those. They're different. I could imagine they'd make a good jam though.

@releventchair
Your a tractor kind if guy.
Have you ever heard of or know of one of these.
Made in the mid 70s in Austria.

Screenshot_20240926_173132_Chrome.jpg

My tractor guy has one sitting there wanting some TLC.

What they're looking for is the service manual.

Anyone else out there know where a manual can be had?

That picture reminds me of one of the stupidest things I did years ago when hunting. Wind got up really strong and we were near a huge gorge hundreds of meters deep with near vertical sides. The wind was howling up the sides. Dumb me opens my hunting jacket and leans right over the edge with the wind holding me up from falling. What an idiot, if it had backed off id be dead.
I still can't believe I was stupid enough to have done it.

Its here ...
Slowly getting REALLY hairy out there ... wind is incredibly fierce.
Rain is not a major factor... the land mass was drying it out i think.... we are about to get hit with some now though... storm is almost parallel to us.
Next 6 hours or more are going to be arrrrrrrggg

Wish us luck.
Good luck Arc. Be safe.

Helena is right beside us @ a Cat 4.... many tornados have been touching down.
Still have my prayers 🙏.
You too, Bart matey!

Last edited:
41 yrs old
Not sure why I thought it was the other tramp.
She came to Oz not long ago and was dressed the same as she used to. It wasn't a good look for an old lady. Someone with her really should quietly say "pssst, hey Cindy, nope, nah, ahh ah, your too old for the kid look, you look like crazy granny".

Sounds of loud bangs of transformers popping off in the distance.

Several large limbs coming down.

Winds are fierce and heavy rain now... trees are bending and twisting hardcore...
All hell is breaking loose.

Metal roof on neighbors is flapping.
power is flickering.

Windows fluttering ... internet is out and in....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back