The Potato Family

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
One night the Potato family sat down to dinner. Mother Potato and her three daughters. Midway
through the meal, the eldest daughter spoke up. "Mother Potato?" she said. "I have an anouncement
to make."

"And what might that be?"asked Mother Potato, seeing the obvious excitement in her daughter's eyes.

"Well," replied the daughter, with a proud, but sheepish grin, "I'm getting married!"

The other daughters squealed with surprise as Mother Potato exclaimed, "Married? That's wonderful!
And who are you marrying, Eldest daughter?"

"I'm marrying a Russet!"

"A Russet!" replied mother Potato with pride. "Oh, a Russet is a fine tater, a fine tater indeed."

As the family shared in the eldest daughter's joy, the middle daughter spoke up, "Mother Potato? I,
too, have an announcement.""

"And what might that be?"encouraged Mother Potato.

Not knowing just how to begin, the middle daughter paused, then said with conviction, "I, too, am
getting married!"

"you, too,?" Mother Potato asked with joy. "That is wonderful, too. Twice the good news in one
evening. And who are you marrying, Middle Daughter?"

"I'm marrying an Idaho! beamed the middle daughter.

"An Idaho!" said Mother Potato with joy. "Oh, an Idaho is a fine tater, a fine tater indeed."

Once again the room came live with laughter and excitement, planning for the future, when the
the youngest potato daughter interrupted, "Mother? Mother Potato? Umm, I too, have an announcement
to make."

"Yes?" questioned Mother Potato with great anticipation.

"Well," began the youngest potato with the same sheepish grin, as her elder sister before her. "I
hope this doesn't come as a shock to you, but I'm getting married, as well!"

"Really.' said Mother Potao with sincere excitement. "All of my lovely daughters getting married!
And who, pray tell, are you marrying, Youngest Daughter?"

"I'm marrying Dan Rather."

"Dan Rather? shouted Mother Potato, scowling, "But he is just a Common Tator"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back