Jan 9, 2005
Stillwater, NY - Home of the Battle of Saratoga
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore starting June 2023
Minelab Equinox 800
Prior to 2020 - Whites VX3, XLT, Spectrum XLT, 6000di and 1DB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, went back two more times this week for about an hour each time. Tuesday found $.06, a 1982 nickel and a 1919 Wheat. Broke my steak of consecutive hunts resulting in both a silver find and an Indian head find.

Wednesday it poured so I did not get out to hunt, but lastnight was absolutely beautiful, no humidity, breezy, and sunny, so I went out. Nice easy digging since the ground was saturated. One thing I learn about working at a certain insurance company for a few years was if you fall off a streak, get right back on it. So in the hour I got to hunt lastnight, I found a 1948 Roosevelt dime, a 1903 Indian head, and then a couple of older wheat cents too.

Anthony

Upvote 0
;D ;D keep at it you have to love the folks who tell you that place is hunted out, because they will not bother you when you hunt

in new england I found nowhere was ever hunted out, because of the frost line

keep up the good hunting
HH Vrent

haupin said:
Way to go, dfool.? When you get done, maybe then it will be "hunted out".

I hope to "hunt it out" but here in New York, the frost tends to bring things that got deep back to the surface every couple of years, so it may take a few years. In all honesty though, I probably wont be able to ever truly hunt the park out, at least by myself, as it is just too big. I am already finding spots that I thought I had searched over, and finding stuff I already missed.

Anthony

I'm liking that name! ;D Now you just have to come up with some cool symbol so you won't have to type all that each time. How about /\~+) for an idea? Just a thought..... :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back