THE OLD COLONIAL RIVER ROAD AREA HANOVER, VA FINDS LAST NIGHT

OUTCOME1

Oct 22, 2012
Hanover, VA
Detector(s) used
teknetics delta 4000 w/dd coil...teknetics pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only identify the Muskett ball!!!lol...what is the rest? junk? junk iron? anyway. I'm having a ball and a lot 20130227_183430.jpg20130227_191057.jpg20130227_191131.jpg20130228_114700.jpg20130227_191353.jpg of fun here.

i cannot wait to hit the new piece of property i gained letter of permission for along the battle of beaverdam creek. this afternoon!!!

Upvote 0
The second picture appears to be part of a single tree yoke, google it for a picture.

The photo in the lower center looks a lot like a drive shaft balancing weight for a car. I can't tell from the photo, but if it is curved in the center, as if it would fit the curved surface of a driveshaft, then that may be what it is. If not, then I'm probably way off.

THINK YOU ARE ON TARGET WITH THE SINGLE TREE YOKE...GOOD EYE..THANKS

THE BOTTOM PHOTO OR THE OLD SHOVEL LIKE LOOKING THINGIN THE LEFT CENTER?

no i believe he means the flat square object with the little dimples in it .. it kind of looks like the weight they use to balance a cars drive shaft..
but even though it does look like 1 it looks smaller then the ones i remember seeing.

Looks like a 5 Pennyweight 'Bullion Weight', circa 18th-early 19th C. (or a 4 pennyweight with a lion counterstamp at the base)

Tell us the weight & problem solved?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back