The most valuable treasure I’ve ever found!!!!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had the day off, enjoying “Dave Day” as my wife calls it. Nothing special, no itinerary, maybe run a few errands, nothing fancy. My permissions are pounded, no real new prospects lately, so I figured I’d do some scouting. I get to a four way intersection in the middle of nowhere…. The heck is that in the road??? Like all of you, I instantly recognized the roadway hazard. Once I had it in the back of my truck, I went on an hour long tangent in each direction looking for a crew that may have lost it. No luck. Reckon it’s mine now.
It’s got some road rash…. But she purrs like a kitten!:headbang:
IMG_5214.jpeg

IMG_5215.png

Upvote 24
Be aware the owner might report it stolen.

STIHL Inc. maintains a Stolen Unit Database. If your STIHL product was stolen, please report it stolen to your local law enforcement agency. Then contact us with your name, address, model number, and serial number.

Long story short, if you take it into a Stihl dealer to get serviced at some point, you might find the owner or you might get a visit by the local police.

You’re supposed to turn it in to the local police and they hold it for a period of time. Don’t ask me how I know.

Up
Be aware the owner might report it stolen.

STIHL Inc. maintains a Stolen Unit Database. If your STIHL product was stolen, please report it stolen to your local law enforcement agency. Then contact us with your name, address, model number, and serial number.

Long story short, if you take it into a Stihl dealer to get serviced at some point, you might find the owner or you might get a visit by the local police.

You’re supposed to turn it in to the local police and they hold it for a period of time. Don’t ask me how I know.
Update: Thanks for the advice Tesorodeoro..
I contacted the local Stihl dealer, turns out the serial number is not registered.
I left my number with the guy, so if anyone follows up, if they can describe it, and tell me where it was lost, I’ll give it back.
Until then, I’ll just keep it tuned up.

Up

Update: Thanks for the advice Tesorodeoro..
I contacted the local Stihl dealer, turns out the serial number is not registered.
I left my number with the guy, so if anyone follows up, if they can describe it, and tell me where it was lost, I’ll give it back.
Until then, I’ll just keep it tuned up.
Way to be a stand up guy!

I’d be sick if I lost a saw like that. Young employee being careless..mature guy with stuff on his mind. Happens to the best of us at some point. Regardless it’s not a loss we’d all take lightly. Only thieves that didn’t work for it would brush it off.

Looks like she's seen a tree or two. Awesome saw, got a Stihl myself, and will be giving it some exercise this coming weekend.

Had the day off, enjoying “Dave Day” as my wife calls it. Nothing special, no itinerary, maybe run a few errands, nothing fancy. My permissions are pounded, no real new prospects lately, so I figured I’d do some scouting. I get to a four way intersection in the middle of nowhere…. The heck is that in the road??? Like all of you, I instantly recognized the roadway hazard. Once I had it in the back of my truck, I went on an hour long tangent in each direction looking for a crew that may have lost it. No luck. Reckon it’s mine now.
It’s got some road rash…. But she purrs like a kitten!:headbang:View attachment 2152431
View attachment 2152432
Score!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back