THE FIRST SIX MONTHS OF 2017 HAS PRODUCED ...

Poor Mans Gold

Feb 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Half Dollars - 10 Walking Liberty, 12 Franklins, 40 Kennedys, 1 Proof (2003S) and 2 Commemoratives ('46 BT Wash. & 1982D G. Wash). A total of 296 40% halves.

Dimes - Out of MWR's - 76 (R) 11 (M), CWR's 29 (R) 2 (M).

Nickels - Out of MWR's - 46, CWR's 10 war nickels. Have found a few Buffalos and some V nickels, the oldest was 1893.

Cents - Over a 1000 Wheaties and only 1 or 2 Indians.

Let's see what the future brings.

Upvote 0
I just found my first 82 G.W. Comm last weekend and I am still stocked. May the silver gods bless you and the rest of us the 2nd half of the year...

How many rolls of each denomination did you have to go through?

I'm curious as well. The Dime totals are impressive, I'm over in the Northeast and netting 1 to 2 Roosevelts per box is what I'm averaging for the past year or so. In relation to those numbers, that would mean 40+ boxes that I would have to search.

Great job so far PMG. Good luck in the second half of the year.

-TwoYewts

Every week my banks order me 5 boxes of halves, 4 boxes of dimes, 2 boxes of nickels and 8 boxes of cents. In addition I pick up several hundred dollars of CWR's.

Every week my banks order me 5 boxes of halves, 4 boxes of dimes, 2 boxes of nickels and 8 boxes of cents. In addition I pick up several hundred dollars of CWR's.

Okay, so that is inline with what I am seeing on average as well. Figuring 4 boxes of dimes x 4 weeks per month x 6 months = approximately 96 boxes which works out to just under 1 silver dime per box.

Thanks for the info PMG!
-TwoYewts

Very nice first half stats.

It's a small sample size, but I've done 10 boxes of dimes without one silver dime. I have much better luck with bags off the machine at a branch. I averaged 2/bag on 5 bags last year and so far this year I'm averaging 4/bag on 12 bags with another bag waiting in the car to be searched!

That bag I had in the car had 3 silver Rosies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back