Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday took a hike to see if I can find this cellar hole I've been trying to find for a while now but still no luck. I must be right on it just with the ferns being so tall I can't see anything. I've just been randomly walking between the stone walls and picking up some stuff along the way. I've found a lot of lead at this place seems like its either iron or lead here but I finally got a LC and a nice one at that. Also the brass thing with a point which I'm not sure what it is and a iron plate of some kind with an eagle on it. Any ideas before I put it in the What is it. Thanks for looking.

image-296680009.jpg

image-2109771072.jpg

image-2028591532.jpg

image-1778543200.jpg

image-3642175528.jpg

image-271790332.jpg

image-4138677286.jpg

Upvote 4
Wow Greylock, really nice Large Cent you have there, Congrats on the finds and I have a feeling you will find the cellar hole very soon :thumbsup:

Bubba65

That draped bust is gorgeous! I think that was the most beautiful coin the US ever minted. Your last item I believe is what's left of a curry comb for horses. :thumbsup:

That metal piece kind of as a Mason's style to it on he front. Could be a Free Mason's piece.

Very nice old Copper. You are probably close, and even if not I'd say anything could turn up there. with the stone walls there should be a cellar in the vacinity, go back. Give us a site pic if you can next time.

A wild guess on your pointy piece, could be a pen / writing device ?

Eric got your other piece. Cool with the eagle.

Exactly what I'd like to find. Close to structures surely. That Masonic looking piece could be off an old chest possibly.

Erik, I agree about the draped bust. Love seein them come out of the ground. Even though I couldn't tell until after I cleaned it. Also thanks for the ID on the comb!
Rick, I've said it before about waiting until fall but I'm sure you know how that goes. I like going out and looking for the tough sites. Sometimes you find other random things along the way.As for brass piece with a point I have no clue. Maybe a tip for an arrow? (Way out there guess). There is no hole at the tip so I'm not sure about a writing tool. Unless maybe it was a case of some sort for it. Here is a photo for size reference.
Thanks again everyone.

image-4014459646.jpg

image-2047751262.jpg

Sweet draped bust large cent! :thumbsup:

Very nice large cent! I found one once, a long time ago... in the parking lot behind a coin store! Unfortunately it had been run over once or twice, so had fresh gouges on the reverse. The price was right, though. Never yet found one detecting.

love the coin! still lookin for my first LC!
HH

If your going to dig a large cent that's the kind you want !!
Great old LC !! :hello2:
Keep @ it and HH !!

Great finds... Love the large cent.. Thanks for sharing..

Erik, I agree about the draped bust. Love seein them come out of the ground. Even though I couldn't tell until after I cleaned it. Also thanks for the ID on the comb!
Rick, I've said it before about waiting until fall but I'm sure you know how that goes. I like going out and looking for the tough sites. Sometimes you find other random things along the way.As for brass piece with a point I have no clue. Maybe a tip for an arrow? (Way out there guess). There is no hole at the tip so I'm not sure about a writing tool. Unless maybe it was a case of some sort for it. Here is a photo for size reference.
Thanks again everyone.

Well I did say "wild guess" Some of the stuff we dig up, you'll just never know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back