The dreadful pull tabs..................check this out

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
id like to discuss pull tabs with you guys and gals.
Has anyone had any ideah of what to do with these pull tabs.
there must be a use for them..?

my self i like to cuss at them...lol
im going to look for some ideahs for them to maby make them more fun to find some how.
do you have any ideahs....?
ill post photos as i find new ideahs.
heres 2
pull tab clothing and purse

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,486
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,291
Re: The dreadful pull tabs..................

You can always make a handbag...

245.jpg

Re: The dreadful pull tabs..................

heres another one.
this guy built a house from beer cans and pull tabs

then he died of liver failure.....lol not realy

The Beer Can House is a folk art gallery/workshop consisting of more than 50,000 beer cans.

The story goes that John Milkovisch hated to throw anything away, and after years of drinking, both his attic and garage were bursting with empty beer cans. In 1968, he got the bright idea that the cans would make good house siding, and a folk art legend was born. Milkovisch didn't stop with the house. He blanketed the lawn with concrete blocks inlaid with bits of colorful glass. He drilled holes in the redwood fence, filling the spaces with marbles. With the cans’ pull-tabs, he created clinking curtains that he hung from the front porch and eaves. More beer cans, wire and found objects became mobiles and lawn art. Altogether, Milkovisch spent 18 years decorating.

The Orange Show Center for Visionary Art acquired the Beer Can House in 2001 to preserve as a folk art monument.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 849
How would you like to find one of these ear rings with your MD.....LOL

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 629
cool video. pull tabs

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

imafishingnutt said:
How would you like to find one of these ear rings with your MD.....LOL

Beats the heck out of those earrings made from moose turds you can buy in Alaska. ;D ;D ::) ::)

Hey---"Spell Check" on this site recognizes the word "turds". ::) I guess it has been used here a few times before now. ;D

My mother-in-law is a nurse and she is collecting pulltabs for Saint Judes Research Hospital. Each tab is worth 10 minutes of chemo-therapy for a child with lukemia (no cost). I think it is worth the time and effort to collect these dumb things. I for one am collecting them for the children. If you know a nurse, you probably can find out all the details.

I'm gonna make a necklace then bury it at the beach....should be funny...okay..maybe not,looks like it takes too long :P

Pull tabs make me INSANE! Looking at the girl in the dress does give me an idea though (not what you are all thinking ;D). How bout making chain, er pull tab armor out of them? Like the knights of old, only made from ye old natural lite remnants. You could also make shields out of old buick hubcaps and swords out of oldsmobile leaf springs.

Plus, the girl in the pull tab dress is HOT!. She maybe someone's daughter, but she aint my daughter!

thats modern day chain maille with pull tabs..I have seen chainmaille made out of zipper pulls too

A couple more artistic pull-tab ideas... ;D

Attachments

• 2690-Pull%20Tab%20Motorcycle.jpg
    2690-Pull%20Tab%20Motorcycle.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 431
  • pulltab.jpg
    pulltab.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 420
Could we have a closer photo of the girl with the pull-tab dress? I wanted to know if it was one of those tan thru dresses. ;D

Very creative to say the least!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back