"The Dead Miner"

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dm.jpg

Upvote 11
Please tell me that I'm not the only one who's first thoughts were "That poor dog" even though there's a dead man in this painting? :dontknow:

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who's first thoughts were "That poor dog" even though there's a dead man in this painting? :dontknow:
Great picture isn't it.
Good faithful dogs mourn the passing of their owner. Often for a very long time.
Not so cats, many a person who died alone in their home with their cat there are found with the cat having begun to eat them when out of food.

Dogs will eat their owners after death as well and probably more likely.
The cat can be trained to use the toilet. The dog will crap in its bed and sleep in it.

Dogs will eat their owners after death as well and probably more likely.
The cat can be trained to use the toilet. The dog will crap in its bed and sleep in it.
Um, ok. My dogs never did that, they always let me know when they wanted to go. Iv never heard that dogs crap in their beds and like sleeping in it.
I just relayed what id heard from ambos that had attended scenes where the owners had been dead for weeks and the cats had started eating them. They said they had never witnessed it with a dog.
Hey you are correct....my bad...
ToZExZbdj59PBxNq52LqNvsczh0-SDrsnHuJrExxEmI.jpg

This was my late fathers. Its a canvas print of the iconic painting Down on His Luck from here. A failed prospector.
IMG_20240810_153142281~2.jpg

"For late-nineteenth century viewers this painting of a failed gold prospector, in spite of its melancholy air, evoked nostalgia for a passing way of life, and promoted an ideal of the freedom of the itinerant bush worker. McCubbin was indebted to European realism, in particular large-scale figures of rural workers posed within the landscape. In his paintings on the theme of the pioneer McCubbin was deliberately trying to establish a form of modern history painting in Australia, combining uniquely Australian subject matter with the equally unique Australian light and landscape."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back