The cold cant stop me. Cold and Coppers.

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The cold can't stop me. Cold and Coppers.

I hit the park this morning. It was mild, but the temps kept dropping every hour. By the mid afternoon, it was sub-zero out. :sadsmiley:

I didn't find much at the park, so I decided to thaw in the car and drive to one of the farms I have permission for.

Man, I love that farm.... I dug everything to keep warm, and it paid off. One is so toasted I won't bother posting it.

Park finds - Wheats and pennies

2013_11_28_15_32_49.jpg

Farm finds...

Nova Scotia Half Pennies (One is thinner than the other...)

2013_11_28_15_56_09.jpg

2013_11_28_15_55_49.jpg

2013_11_28_15_52_07.jpg

Some local flair -- 1910 Dominion Exhibition Pendant

2013_11_28_15_47_37.jpg

2013_11_28_15_47_49.jpg

This one has me stumped. One side is toasted, it's a fraction bigger than a penny, and it has what looks like a shield on one side... Any help, I would appreciate. :P

2013_11_28_16_07_37.jpg

Holed 1902 LC

2013_11_28_16_03_53.jpg

2013_11_28_16_03_44.jpg

Little flat button

2013_11_28_16_01_18.jpg

I have another copper that I'm cleaning. It's thick, looks like another halfpenny, but I can't make out anything yet. I'll post it later.

Happy hunting!

Upvote 8
Nice digging. I'm curious to see what the unknown coin is...looks old.

US two cent piece? Would be about that size with a shield on one side. Good hunt, hopefully you were out of the wind a bit today!

Nice finds, great looking button!

US two cent piece? Would be about that size with a shield on one side. Good hunt, hopefully you were out of the wind a bit today!

Two cent piece! That would be a first for me. :) Man, it is in brutal shape. I will try and clean it some more... to confirm.

As for the wind, it was on a riverside point. It was howling. :tongue3: I kept my back to it most of the day and it wasn't too bad.

Nice half penny and that pendant is cool, a couple great finds always helps to warm you up

is it a shield...or could it be a harp... I was stumped on one coin until I found out it was an Irish penny....they are often thin too....

Great finds in the cold! I feel for ya cause I know how the cold weather is here in Minnesota too! 15 degrees and windy! Haha. Keep on digging the cold ground!

Every dig at this point is a BONUS hunt.
Can't help on the small coin, can't see enough, but "might be" a NS or NB half CENT of the 1861 to 1864 era, as they have an inner circle, which is kind of what I see.

cool finds. looks too small to be a US two cent piece. the shield reminds me of a US civil war token. but I would suspect that either one would have held up better. I imagine it is far older

I see why you like that old farm. You got some awesome old coppers and relics. Thank you for the great pics.

Hard to say, may have been a last dig for many...here's hoping for warmer days...congrats on some great finds..

Every dig at this point is a BONUS hunt.
Can't help on the small coin, can't see enough, but "might be" a NS or NB half CENT of the 1861 to 1864 era, as they have an inner circle, which is kind of what I see.

I can see the inner circle now in full. It is toast, but I think you could be right, Rick. It definitely wasn't a button. A NS half cent at this place wouldn't surprise me.

C'mon weather. Let us have a few more bonus hunts! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back