Thanks to Chester Copperpot

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
He got permission to detect a turn of the century Train depot AND general store! I will be going with him. This will be my first "real" MD adventure outside of my yard! We will be doing this on sunday. The place is privatley owned, and has never been detected. I am VERY excited probly wont beable to sleep till then lol. I will be bringing the video camera for this one! Anywas, I wanted to know if anyone can recommend some type of "official" permission slip that they may know of on the web, or perhaps some of you veterans can maybe give me a hint on what happens if you find something of great value. I do understand if the item is of some sentimental value or something. The Lady was quite nice and I just want to do things right. Should we give her a some kind of thankyou item...a card??? Any input would be greatly appreciated. THANKS GUYS AND GALS ;) Oh did I mention I was excited??? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Upvote 0
I would venture to say that since you already have the ok, a slip is really not needed. Just ask her if there is anything she wants you to keep a look out for, then go for it. HH

Thanks for the input minelab. That would be hard to be detecting and then handover everything :'( I think we should just keep it as a verbal permission and keep it low key. This place is not in a town, it is in the middle of no where amish country. the lady has upkept it herself, no historical society or state govt has any claim to it. Thanks again for the input and will keep it for future reference.

I agree with Lonewolf. just permission and dont sweat the details. If It looks like the situation could change just make sure Dale Driblle
(Chester ) keeps a lid on it. LOL Hey are you excited? ROFLMA

Sounds like one great site and ADVENTURE,best of luck and look forward to your post.HH

Sounds like a great adventure but be prepared to be in iron city, railroads are notorious.
Good Hunting

It's on now!! I have to read the manual again in PDF off of Whites site. Silver and pre 1900 here we come.

let us know if you find old one-eyed willie's treasure ;) GOONIES ;D

chunk

if the buildings are still there check under the front porch, if its accessable, good luck and let us know how ya made out

We did a walk through the old buildings with the owner on Sunday. Then we searched this spot for just over four hours. Mystro found one wheatie and I found a 1906 dime. Found an 1980's watch(junk),2 complete ceramic inserts for the lids of old time jars,railroad iron 5x in chunks,a cake pan(bunt cake),and the other misc junk. Mystro will post pics and or video when he gets back from his hospital visit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back