Thank you Dad

hbeaton

Jun 4, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
My dad sent me some clothes today and inside the pocket of a blue blazer, I find an envelope marked "coins, p.s. do not clean them." inside.? Odd I thought, I opened the envelope and there was a little note from my dad telling me he was cleaning out an old shoebox and found these coins. Knowing my newfound hobby of detecting he figured id like these. I sure did.

1- 1889 IH Cent
1- 1899 IH Cent
1- 1903 IH Cent
1- 1905 IH Cent
2- 1906 V Nickels with CENTS
2- 1926 Buffalos
1- 1927 Buffalo
1- 1934 Buffalo
2- 1935 Buffalos
1-1938 Buffalo
1- 1856? Shield Nickel (holed)
1-1976 Canadian Dollar (Silver?) in mint condition.

Not sure if any of these were key dates and not many are out of the "about good" grade, but for a entry-level collector, I was all smiles.

Thanks for looking.

HH!

-Hunter

Attachments

• coins.JPG
    coins.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 337
Upvote 0
Hunter!

What a thoughtful Father you must have!! Those are some really great coins!!!

Nana ;)

That is one good start for your new hobby!!
Doesn't it make you wanna get out there and just do it?

Cheers

Good deal!

HH

Lonewolfe

I did some online searching about a few of the coins as I was curious about the shield nickel. What I thought was 1856 was actually 1866 which I believe is the first year the coin was minted. Sucks that it was holed as I noticed the ones being sold on ebay that are in worse shape than mine (it has the rays on the front) and are selling for a nice rate.

What a thoughtful dad...My mother gave me all my fathers coins when he passed away..
I was thrilled...Now time to find some of your own...

Happy hunting

Headhunter

WOW! What a great father to shwo this little act of kindness! That is SOOOOO cool!!!

Take those coins and airtest them on your detector, so you know how each of them will make your unit respond. Never hurts to know!

Congrats... go out there and dig some friends for them!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back