test run of repaired excal and my new 720 scoop!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently had a pot go bad in my excal. The repair facility decided to use a shotgun approach and replace everything except the PCB (along with the bad pot).

Even though the weather was freezing cold, and snowing when I left the house I was determined to get a solid test run of the detector. I also made this the maiden voyage of my new 720i scoop.

I am happy to report that both work flawlessly. Furthermore, about the 720.... WOW! This thing is a monster. Without exaggeration, I really think it pulls 30 pounds of wet sand with every scoop. I had to be careful how I lifted it. I think the backsaver handles they sell were a huge help. The handle length and angle are different from my old RTG, but it didn't take too long to adjust to the change.

No gold and one "maybe" silver earring, but lots of quarters came to light today. I hope when I take it to the Bahamas next month that things will be much more golden!

Upvote 0
Bahamas, I'm jealous....Good to hear your ready, I love that 720, should bring some yellow to site with that 15 incher......:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back