test and tune

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
made it to the river Sunday for a little testing , change a lot of things and wanted to see if they worked right. had to wait 3 weeks for the rain to slow up and the river to go down.

got the dredge put together and ready to give it a try

trying to find out why the pumps will not prime

no luck, had to pack the dredge into the trailer and bring it back to the shop. got the air compressor out and ran pressure thru all the lines for the prime , no air. started tearing lines off the find out why. i had left the lines unhooked for a couple of days while i bought and installed a couple new valves. damn mud wasp had built a nest in one of the lines. put a wire up the line and blew all the crap out, now works like a champ.
back to the river,

bill/cr

don't know why the photos are showing up sideways, i edited them in photo bucket and turned them all ,

bill/cr

Is that the Tigre river on the OSA Peninsula you mentioned in another thread? If so, how many hours drive to there from your area of Costa Rica? Someday I was thinking of retiring either in Costa Rica or Boquete, Panama but I worry about having to cross the border from Panama to Costa Rica.

no , not the tigre . it is a local river with not a lot of gold . it is good for a test and only about 10 minutes from my house.

bill/cr

Last edited:
Bill that ought to clean house real fast! on my dredge i made small rubber caps to seal all lines/fittings when not in use to keep them bugs/wasps/spiders out of the lines/fittings.they are tied off to the eng./compressor so i wont lose them! plus when i sanitize my breathing lines/mask periodically i make sure they stay clean and put them caps on!i sure dont want to swallow some bug while im underwater!:) !

Happens all the time to us "all" Bill :BangHead: as them nasty arse mud dobbers will plug up anything they can fill. I hate it when they make it all the way into the head and then teardown mandatory. I had a huge nest in on top of my airfilter inside also and tooooo many others to list. Looks great bud and by god tons a au 2 u 2-John :headbang:

rain , rain and more rain. the river is way up and muddy. rain all last night and almost all day today........ soon it will be back to the river. 2 hours to set up , 2 hours to tear down 6 hours to dredge . makes for a full day. only 12 hours of day light got to make it count.

bill/cr

Bill, that is SWEET !@@! That your rig too, that is an awesome 4 wheeler. :thumbsup:
Wish I was doing all that.... still can't seem to get it out of mind.
Thanks, bud, made my day.

Oh and Hi, all!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back