• 3.21.13 quartz.jpg
    3.21.13 quartz.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 257
  • quartz with 3.21.13.jpg
    quartz with 3.21.13.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 221
Upvote 0
Hi jjfish1 and welcome to the forum.
The heavy one could have gold in it hence the extra weight. Only way to find out is to crush to powder and pan, or use a jewelers loup and look for visible gold. The other looks like it may have pyrite on it but it is kind of hard to tell by the pic.

Good Luck!

B H prospector

Hey, Thanks, signed up back in 2011 but didn't have much time back then and apparently lost site until recently. anyhow yes that is what I'm thinking and may crush the larger one the little one is 1/2 quartz with a really dark/black piece attached which is what I'm curious about and then yes looks to just be pyrite and stained a bit.

Looks good what part of Tennessee are you in I just went to tellico last weekend for first time going back next weekend try my luck

Hey David, I'm in Eat TN. and these fine specimens came from the Tellico area. I usually go on Thursdays or Fridays when I can, How was your first trip? which location did you try? I suspect you are familar with the Coker Creek Chapter of the GPAA? I also have a page you can reach me through if need be,just stop by and say hey sometime if ya get a chance.
https://www.facebook.com/jjfish1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back