Tell me what the Odds of this are!

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturday I found my first Large Cent it was a 1822 in fair condition. Monday I found my 2nd Large Cent it was a 1798. Today I found my 3rd Large Cent and again it is a 1822. What are the odds of finding 2 Large Cents from the same year in the same week (one in NY and the other in NH). I can't believe how todays came out. it is in great condition (will need to have it graded).

Here is pictures of both 1822's

Thanks for looking!

Don

Attachments

• 1822F1002.jpg
    1822F1002.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 610
  • 1822F1003.jpg
    1822F1003.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 610
Upvote 0
sounds like you have a great site to hunt! congrats!!

Don!
I like those odds no matter how you get them! You best run out and buy a dozen or so lottery tickets while the "Good Luck Fires" still hot!!! :)

Where's a pic of the 1798?

GRB

GoldenRoyBoy, the 1798 didn't come out very good, it took alot of work to see the date and the pictures don't really show it. I will post them here anyway but good luck seeing the date.

Attachments

• 1798f.jpg
    1798f.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 574
  • 1798b.jpg
    1798b.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 572
  • 1798f.jpg
    1798f.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 575
  • 1798b.jpg
    1798b.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 577
WOW!! Nice finds!! Now if you find another 1798 then we need to talk about odds!!

nice nice nice !!!! i gave up trying to figure this hobby out... ;D ;D ;D ;D

how much does it cost for a grading ??

Green1, I belong to a club and our monthly meeting is on Sunday so I will have it graded there. Its not an official grade but it will put me in the ball park of grade and value.

Great finds Don!!! One of these days, I'm going to hunt east of the Mississippi and.... Well, I'll have something to post... Thanks for sharing the sweet finds...

HH Robert

Don,
I can actually see the possibility of *798 in this pic. I'm looking forward to seeing the coin this Sunday.
Regards,
Jules

Luke, the force runs strong in you...lol

WTG on the beautiful old coins, cingrats and thanks for sharing.
Hope your luck continues and you get a treasure chest full of em.

Smiles!
BDoo

Holy holy wow!! Those are some great finds! Sometimes it just goes that way, as if the treasure gods are playing with us....nothing for years and then BOOM -- a bevy of beauties. Congratulations, hope your luck (and skill) continues to produce.

Fantastic finds Don!

Wow, I don't have a clue as to what the odds are, but I bet it's close to winning a State lottery!

Have yet to find my first large cent here in Alabama

HH....James

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back