Tell me: Is it another heart stopper or the real thing???

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
I wasn't going to go back out today... yesterday's finds were pretty big (for me) and I'd gotten all bit up by fire ants on my right hand.? And I do mean bit up!? My right paw is swollen and the giant sores they caused makes it look like I've got leprosy!? So, I really wasn't going back out there today...
But... well, when I drove past a familiar playground I realized that there was a good sized parking area I hadn't searched yet.? It was soft ground (lots of rain lately) and shaded under trees, so the heat didn't feel all that bad yet at 11 a.m.? ?I took about 3 steps away from my trunk and hit on a dime and then a quarter.? I thought this was a good sign... and I was right!? About 10 more steps away I landed on a chain that was curled up on itself in the dirt.? As I pulled it loose, I saw that there were no breaks and it looked to be a nice silver chain.
I think I was wrong.
When I got home to clean it, I grabbed the magnifying glass to look for that all-important ".925".? It wasn't there.? Instead, there were two nice "14K" symbols on each end...!? That's got to mean it's white gold, right???? Please tell me it's not another heart stopper!
Either way, since I only wear silver - it's going to look real nice on my neck from now on.
Ruth

Attachments

• Better necklace shot.jpg
    Better necklace shot.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 560
  • Better 14K symbol.jpg
    Better 14K symbol.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 561
Upvote 0
Nice necklace, I bought the same kind of necklace for my wife only in silver. If I remember correctly, the style of chain is called figaro (not sure about the spelling). Hey saint sea what county are you in? I'm down here in Pasco, but I've been as far north as dunnellon.

WoW SS!!!! Way ta go!!!!

;)

? ? ? ? ?I've seen where just the clasps were gold, but never on a silver chain. ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?So ? ? ?YES!!
? ? ? ?I would bet the farm that you have a 14 k white gold necklace!!
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?CONGRATULATIONS!!!! ? ? ? ?
? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Seeing the 14K is what would of stopped my heart.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? Super find!!! ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?WTG!! ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?HH

Very nice, WTG!!!
I haven't found anykind of chains,,, yet... What type of signal was it given ya?
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Thanks for all the kind words and confirmations.... the thought that I found gold - and so much of it! was almost too much for me to believe. Prior to this, I had only found a pen nib and 1/2 of a gold locket! You just never know, do ya?
Willie D: I'm in Sumter Co. - not far from Marion Co. and quite close to parts of Lake Co.
Leon: I didn't even get a chance to run my detector over the chain - as I was bending down to pick up a coin, I saw it 1/2 covered in the dirt. I'm often amazed at how much I find studing the ground when I've got my head down following my detector.
Ruth

;) Way too go!!! Ever feel someone is looking out for you and thinks its your time to get something really cool that you would pick yourself? lol ;D ;D ;D
So glad to see it happen to you!

H.H
Gigi ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back