Teknetics T2 vs Whites DFX...

robo

Aug 21, 2006
Wyandotte, MI.
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Minelab 705, Tesoro Vaquero, And my Favorite, CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone own both? I have the T2 and like it a lot. I am always looking for that "Keeper Detector". I Primarily old coin shoot. Am a little afraid of ALL the bells and whistles on the DFX but am curious which would be a better coin machine. Weight isn't an issue and I do like they build quality of Whites detectors. Would LOVE to hear honest pros and cons of both.

Robo... Never used the DFX much but I can help you with the T2. At under 3.0 its super light weight and deep. The 11" DD coil separates targets like a knife blade.
Also Look at the T2 SE. It has a boost and cache mode that really gets you DEEP. SE model comes with 11" and 5" coils. F75 LTD has even few more options you might like. Back light, retains settings. More geared toward coins too.

Any questions feel free to contact me. Love to answer questions or give you great pricing. Bart

If you didn't have your present range of detectors and only wanted one general purpose machine the DFX would be in the running. Wet or dry makes no difference and the T2/F75 and the followups don't really cut it on wet sand.

The problem with the DFX is that to get the best performance out you need to know what your doing and even be prepared to re adjust the detector as you cross just one site. Just stick with the presets and you might just as well have saved money and bought a less adjustable detector.

The T2 is a great land/dry sand detector as you know. I worry that its fragile compared to a metal boxed Whites and the later models haven't changed that view but I feel that you might be better with the detectors Bart mentions or go for something completely different like a Nautilus DMC.

Best of luck with your choice !

I had a DFX and it was not for me as I could not get the language down. The preset programs are good, but as mentioned above, for true potential you need to know how to tweak it. I have a MXT and my girlfriend has the M6 and we both love them. I like the MXT as I relic hunt at times, but for coin shooting these two detectors are simple and effective.

I also have a Minelab Etrac that I am still learning, however I still find it easier to understand than the DFX. That is just me and to be honest, sometimes I get tired of adjusting and changing things, I just want to hunt, that is why I hang onto the MXT.

With all that has been said, the DFX is a great detector if you are willing to take the time to learn it and understand it's language. The preset programs are good and will defiantly keep you in the game until you learn the adjustments. :coffee2:

HEy,

I just bought a T2 and I love it. Hands down the disc is best I had seen,( I can Cherry Pick) My buddy with the DFX ask me to check his targets. I can set up and GB in under a min this MD is easy to use. The depth is great, I not saying you are going pull coins at 18 inches but I have dug pull tabs at 10+. The pinpointing is easy and the recov on this puppy is fast. This machine is a sleeper you can hang with the big boys(V3, Etrac) and sucker punch them all day. The only downside is the build quality is Iffy. I pulled it out the box and was like What the f ??? :o :icon_scratch: :dontknow: is this. But I took it a hunt yesterday in on and off rain and she worked great. I think the T2 is a great coin getter, buy one you will be glad you did.

PS. I bought mine at New England detectors talk to andrew.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back