Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teknetics G2 - <"))))><(

hit the lane for a short test spin today.

like the f75 i had once and my minelabs she likes deep bottle caps............the shallow ones jump all over the arc....i.d. pretty good like that.......have the arc set at 41 now.

nickels hit right on 58 like the book said...........then i hit a 59......another nickel i think........59 turns out to be a kinda deep oxidized pull tab...........hit 2 - 49's..........foil drink seals....glue on top type.

now i am switching back and forth from discriminate to all metals.........just learning, but id is as u know in discriminated readings.

carried a few targets with me for testing, we do more next spin and will take the time and bury some in the wet sand, today all were just on top.

i moved the arc setting to 50...........drink seals are now low tone in shaded arc...............but u will see from attached pic i am moving it back to below or around 40 for now.

she ground balances so much faster and right on than the old f75.........i am impressed with that and is quiet with gain cranked up.

now the best part for me was the hook and the brass swivel deal on a piece of mono. fishing line

more soon.....maybe i will take my video camera

i hope to get up with my buddy for some heads up testing tomorrow against his new se pro.

good luck

Attachments

• test targets.jpg
    test targets.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 1,060
  • 10291sm795.jpg
    10291sm795.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 949
Re: Teknetics G2 - <"))))><(

Thanks for the post, have a Delta that I love along with an Xterra 705 and a PI DF. The Delta is so light and does a great job in dry sand, useless in wet though. Keep us posted.

The Teknetics G2 is an amazingly quiet and sensitive machine. It will hit the smallest of small targets. Lightweight and easy to swing. Great on coins in heavy trash other machines will miss. Very simple to operate. Anyone with questions on it feel free to contact me!

You can use the G2 in the wet sand at the salt beach?

It does better than most single freq machines in wet sand but not perfect. You have to manually ground balance it. Dry sand works like a champ!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back