Sticks

May 22, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Dredge, M-7 wave table, Prospector Highbanker MD20
J.O.G Trommel
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
does this look right? This is how it came I haven't ran it yet. Didn't know if it needed a 1/2" plate under motor to correct? 140606_001_001.jpg

Without pic of t-80 all together I can say is it appears the pulley on the t-80 appears to be too small ,which would bring the belt too close to the support. Strange because top of belt looks way toooo loose also. 4 bolts under mounting plate on t-80-untighten and move it away from the engine. Do not overtighten as then al bases break easily and does your t-80 have a rubber gasket under it. Clean the air intake felt also with a good antibacterial soap and blow dry. lotxa luck-more pic would sure help-John

more pics on that. no it does not have rubber under t-80, I don't know why they don't improve design of t80 base, I have ruined one by over tightening.be nice if they would add a lil meat to the housing. I'm trying to get this in water by Tues, 6/10/14. I could try to shim up motor to get belt off of mount?140607_001.jpg

the pully on mine, on the motor end is 1 1/2 inches.

The rubber under the t-80 is a shock absorber ,same as the feet on a engine base to protect the bearings. I'll measure my parts to see if pulley on pump too small??? MFG are leaving them off to ruin your engnes/pumps faster same a HUGE holes in footvalves so you suck up rocks and gring them impeller/pump seal bearings right up also----Looks right by eye but the micrometer tells the truth-John

The rubber under the t-80 is a shock absorber ,same as the feet on a engine base to protect the bearings. I'll measure my parts to see if pulley on pump too small??? MFG are leaving them off to ruin your engnes/pumps faster same a HUGE holes in footvalves so you suck up rocks and gring them impeller/pump seal bearings right up also----Looks right by eye but the micrometer tells the truth-John
Thanks John, I will install rubber today, also grab a bit bigger pulley, thanks for your feedback.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back