sword buckle?

soclose

Aug 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
fisher f2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone knows what this is and where came from.and is it worth anything thx so much..found in canada Picture 022.jpg

Nice!I have seen that exact style (with the "ears",on the Belt loop,from British Origins)I will look for more info....

Upvote 0
Your on the right track I think S.C.I had a Treasure Found Magazine from the (90's...?)that had a story of an excavation of a Fort on an Island that was British Held,and I can picture this Tongue "63", and all vividly in the many Tongue and Wreath and Lion Head type Buckles they found threr

Upvote 0
thx for all the help...this peace worth anything thx guys..

Upvote 0
quote from above link...

"
In 1763 it moved to garrison Ireland for 12 years, at the end of which it moved to Boston, Massachusetts to serve during the American Revolutionary War (1775-83). It fought at Bunker Hill, Brooklyn, Eutaw Springs, Brandywine and Fort Clinton."

to answer the question...anything from a troop that fought at bunker hill is worth something...Revolutionary War Uniforms
please go search for the other half.

Upvote 0
I'm a fan of the 62nd Wiltshire Regiment myself!

Great find! :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0
found in nova scotia

Upvote 0
If you find any 62nd items send me a PM.

Upvote 0
Here is more info of the 63rd Regiment

The regiment was briefly in Portugal from 1826 to 1828, but otherwise spent the 1820s in Britain and Ireland. In 1828 it was sent to Australia, later redeploying from there to India in 1833. It remained in India and Burma for 14 years, only landing back in England in 1847.

It served in the Crimean War in 1854 and in Canada from 1856 to 1862.

I believe your two piece tongue buckle would be from the Crimean War!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here is more info of the 63rd Regiment

The regiment was briefly in Portugal from 1826 to 1828, but otherwise spent the 1820s in Britain and Ireland. In 1828 it was sent to Australia, later redeploying from there to India in 1833. It remained in India and Burma for 14 years, only landing back in England in 1847.

It served in the Crimean War in 1854 and in Canada from 1856 to 1862.

I believe your two piece tongue buckle would be from the Crimean War!
Yes,that would be likely,as that is about the time frame of that Fort,if I recall.I had a feeling about the Regiment of Foot,but was not positive how late they were active.....this buckle does not date to the 1820's......

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back