100_3788.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 137
  • 100_3789.jpg
    100_3789.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 100_3790.jpg
    100_3790.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 124
It looks like a 19th century board game piece. I have seen something similar at an estate sale. It could also be a keepsake piece though - Because I really don't have a clue. I do know it is a very cool find - Congratulations!

Upvote 0
Could you post some clearer photos and tell us what material it is? Judging by what I can see, I think it is a finial. It could have been on a weather vane, lamp, etc. but would need to know what it is made out of to really ID it. :) Breezie

Upvote 0
Why do you think the nut is homemade? It looks to me (blurry picture) that it is just a old style square nut.

Upvote 0
you guys and gals are awsome.tomaro I shall post better pictures and I will test the metals as I just recieved my kit.I really like this little boat....I am happy to have found it.A little more info for now.Found at 7000ft in the forest,a strange find for me.In the area I found the v nickle I mentioned and several wheaties in the forties.Again....tomaro I will do a better job and list the metals and weight,also better pictures

Upvote 0
I forgot to mention why I think the nut is hand made.It is not truly square,the threads look and act less than machined.Again.....better pictures and metal testing to come.
thx gang
pat

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back