Sweet Find!

offtrail

Apr 28, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well other then the usual finds, today I found my first ring...cool! Not just a cheap ring but one from Avon, Skeleton Key ring sterling silver...score!!! OK it may not be worth a pile of money but on e-bay they are going for between 50 and 100 bucks. Not sure what the silver worth is as I can't find my scale, no matter it's a great find for me and a first. I also found what looks to be some kind of a key for winding a clock...I think. Can't forget about the two war nickles I found that contain silver, all in all a good day in my book. I love pics so here you go... My Finds From Today May 27 003.jpgMy Finds From Today May 27 001.jpgMy Finds From Today May 27 002.jpg

Upvote 6
Very cool ring. I could see "Avon" in the picture but until I blew it up some, I didn't see sterling. Great find:coffee2:

Wow, you're doing great! I love warnics but have never found a single one, and here you are with two right off the bat! Of course, now that you've bagged your first ring you'll have to retire and sell you detector, but hey, you had fun while it lasted, right, and there's always coin roll hunting... :laughing9:

War nickels AND a sterling silver ring? That's what I'm talkin about! Very nice.

You also snuck in that "watch winder/clock winder" I'm not 100% what they are called, but a real old cool relic. Nice finds, I have found one War Nickle with the "P mint mark" over Monticello.

Congrats! Nice bunch of finds!

Nice key ring! The winding key is very ornate may be very old.

Thanks friends for the nice replies, I don't find a lot of silver in fact very little. So when I do find some silver it's like hitting the lottery...almost! Yes I have it bad, just like when I took up fishing many years and one marriage ago. Detecting is in my blood, I guess it's a lot like fishing, you cast a lure until you get a hit. Likewise with detecting you cast a signal until you get a hit, sometimes it's a keeper and other times it's a throw back.

Thanks friends for the nice replies, I don't find a lot of silver in fact very little. So when I do find some silver it's like hitting the lottery...almost! Yes I have it bad, just like when I took up fishing many years and one marriage ago. Detecting is in my blood, I guess it's a lot like fishing, you cast a lure until you get a hit. Likewise with detecting you cast a signal until you get a hit, sometimes it's a keeper and other times it's a throw back.

Well said, Brother!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back