surface elemination = silver!!!

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
What started out as a frustrating day turned out to be a great day!!! I came across a lot ive been meaning to check when I started swinging I realized just how much trash was there.. There was hundreds of soda pop tops Pulltabs, as plus iron and the usual aluminum. ? For a half our I dug nothing but trash my bag was full, thinkin maybe I need to leave this place and go on to somewhere else. I thought no slow down I turned on my surface elimination and went real slow.. within in 15 minutes I was holding these 3 silver coins, 1934 Quarter, 1945d Mercury, and a 1945s War nickel, all from the area I already had done.. anyone have clues on the oval reeded edge item? I see no markings of a coin on it nowhere.
ForumRunner_20130119_174244.png

ForumRunner_20130119_174312.png

ForumRunner_20130119_174342.png

Upvote 2
Great finds, the ovel looks like a dime ran over by a train.....not that I have ever done it.

I have, and they are usually less symmetrical than his.

EDIT: And a lot thinner, and more splayed out.

Oval thing looks like a train squashed coin to me too.

The brass thingy, looks like it's from a Waltham watch/clock.

Nice finds!

HH!

The tracks are about a half mile away,.thanks for the insight, I can picture the kid now placing the coin on the tracks waitin for the train.

It's amazing what you can find in trashy areas or areas you've already been over if you just slow way down and let your detector have a chance at doing it's thing.:thumbsup:

You think we would listen to ourselves and slow down.lol..I try to remind myself swing slow and the treasures will grow!!

Years back near Orange,Virginia I had the same thing happen, some guy in the 60s decided too throw all his trash bottles and even his old 1960 car down into a confederate camp site, everyone and there grandma dug out the camp but know one touched where all that junk was expect for me.. For 2 hours I dug nothing but old 1960 bottles, pull tabs, can after can and then right when i was about to call a quits I dug a South Carolina confederate breast plate.. I about fainted. Spots like this always have a treasure or two in them.. :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back