Super Magnet Sweeps New York Farm Field..

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a great five-hour hunt this morning, detecting a farm field near historic Kingston, New York, the “Gateway,” to the Catskill Mountains. I was the guest of Frank ('FMERG') and his Son Eric, who both scored 19th-century coins and buttons! :notworthy:

About two-hours into the hunt, Frank started calling me “Iron Man,” :occasion14: for obvious reasons! At one point I actually had to go empty my pouch which had at least four-pounds of iron in it – LOL! :laughing7: Needless to say, the two Minelab guys were giving it to me and my Sand Shark! :dontknow:

I ended up with a couple of musket balls and three buttons. :icon_thumleft: The two best buttons are pictured with the musket balls (one hit something hard!). All-in-all a fantastic day in Upstate New York, with two accomplished hunters that have taught this old dog a few new tricks! Thank you again Frank and Eric! :headbang: :hello2: :notworthy:

Attachments

• king1.jpg
    king1.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 583
  • king2.jpg
    king2.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 593
Upvote 0
You did keep busy Terry!

How deep did you find the Sand Shark went into that New York soil?

Smudge said:
You did keep busy Terry!

How deep did you find the Sand Shark went into that New York soil?

The deepest target I dug was a smaller nail at about 14"-15". The buttons came up from about 9"; 3"; and 7". The musket balls were also fairly shallow, maybe 4". :icon_pirat:

today was the first time i seen eric (fisher2) bummed out by digging a LC
we both wanted "iron man" to get his first
oh well there's always the next time
hey terry i have a suggestion for your next metal detecting gear
how about real strong magnet maybe you wont have to dig տլ
~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back