Sunday’s Finds xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Headed out to an old favourite field today, this is the field that we found 70 plus Roman coins in last year along with some Tesserae….

To be fair, I did very little today as exhausted after The Basset Beach Invasion yesterday ..! But in total we found 7 Roman coins, which himself is diligently cleaning….

He also did something quite amazing… last July he found half a Saxon Sleeve Clasp… and yep today he only went and found the other half.. so have reunited them in the pics…

Also another possible strap end, little buckle, pin head and little nail, thimble, bottle stop and marble (stone) buttons and a George 3rd.
2 Full days next weekend so hopefully I will do better for you 😆 xx

(Added the FLO info on the half he already found FYI)

IMG_5670.jpeg
IMG_5671.jpeg
IMG_5672.jpeg
IMG_5674.jpeg
IMG_5675.jpeg
IMG_5676.jpeg
IMG_5677.jpeg
IMG_5678.jpeg
IMG_5679.jpeg
IMG_5680.jpeg
IMG_5647.jpeg
IMG_5648.jpeg
IMG_5649.jpeg
IMG_5662.jpeg

Upvote 21
WOW Will you take me DETECTING over there ? :)

That's really great getting the other half of the sleeve clasp.
(Too bad you didn't)😁
Still a very good day of digging.

A matched set of clasps recovered seasons apart. Sure. Sure! Just stroll out there and presto!:blackbeard:

That's enough to take a bow Himself. Super congrats on that. Yes it happens. To the lucky skilled diligent wired directly to thier detector almost determined patient detectorists. ( I wouldn't know. l.o.l. )

But wonderful recoveries all.

And Blossom , no needing to ever do better.
Going detecting and digging the history with or without a tool or touching the dirt.... Is half the fun.
let the recoveries come as they do. No pressure. Just do what you two do.
Except a button now and then. Gotta at least cough up a button now and then.....

Had a few wrist clasps, but never a matching pair like that! Very nice. Should be a few 6th C Saxon Brooches somewhere nearby.

What a great day! Amazing recoveries especially the match to last year's clasp. Awesome, indeed. Best I ever found was a matching set of beer cans!

Way to go...

There seems to be a chronological history of Britain just below every step of your feet. You ever see any stone artifacts of the neolithic age?. I'll bet there's a few to be found in that plowed field. Maybe just a small piece, but that would sure add more to the story of your stomping grounds.

Headed out to an old favourite field today, this is the field that we found 70 plus Roman coins in last year along with some Tesserae….

To be fair, I did very little today as exhausted after The Basset Beach Invasion yesterday ..! But in total we found 7 Roman coins, which himself is diligently cleaning….

He also did something quite amazing… last July he found half a Saxon Sleeve Clasp… and yep today he only went and found the other half.. so have reunited them in the pics…

Also another possible strap end, little buckle, pin head and little nail, thimble, bottle stop and marble (stone) buttons and a George 3rd.
2 Full days next weekend so hopefully I will do better for you 😆 xx

(Added the FLO info on the half he already found FYI)

View attachment 2166545View attachment 2166546View attachment 2166547View attachment 2166548View attachment 2166549View attachment 2166550View attachment 2166551View attachment 2166552View attachment 2166553View attachment 2166554View attachment 2166555View attachment 2166556View attachment 2166557View attachment 2166558
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back