Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sunday's Find Winged Victor?

Found this statuette at a site where a house was demolished.? Looks like it came off a trophy or car hood?? Made of pot metal with silver coating about 6" tall.? Not worth anything but an interesting artifact......at least to me.? Also found a little clad, old house site, no silver yet.? JIM

Sorry it's so big will go back and try to shrink it! Ahhhh, size much better!

Attachments

• Winged victor.jpg
    Winged victor.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 266
Upvote 0
Re: Sunday's Find Winged Victor?

Cool find Jim

HH

Lonewolfe

that would be a trophey top!! ya i have over 200 of those ladys. I remember her well, lots of dusting... :)

Not a hood ornament, definitely a piece off of a trophy.

Thought so, made of metal and now they are all plastic! No luick shrinking this picture will try when my son-in-law gets home from work he is a computer whiz. JIM

Congrats jim!! Your the only person that it HAS to be interesting to,the one that counts.Ithink its very cool.

I like that find Jim. I never thought of a statue or trophy piece being out there but then again I never found one. LOL ;D Sounds like a decent site. Hope you hit it hard and the weather holds for ya. HH

Now that I think about it......the guy who live there had his 15 minutes of fame as a college wrestler back in the 1950's. It probably came off one of his trophies. I'll bet he wondered what happened to it. I can just see one of his kids playing with it out in the yard (I went to school with one of his 4 daughters). Would give it to him but he died a couple of years ago. JIM

Thats a Beautiful Lady Jim,May not be worth $$ but a nice find for the collection box.HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back