Sunday hunt found time capsule

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
I was driving through a different part of town on sunday, and noticed that a school had been removed, leaving the playground and ball fiels, and n old grange along side. Found quite a bit of change. Found 2 diff. neckercheif slides (boyscout), and a kids gold mood ring. I would have been in a better mood if it was real gold but thats the way it goes. Well, my daughter and I decided to search the old sand box for toys. I got a big deep signal, and I told here it could be a toy. I start digging, and at about a foot, I hit metal. We both think its a pop can, but I keep digging. Than she starts telling me about a show on tv where the kids bury a time capsule, and not 2 minutes later, I tell here thats what it might be. I dig around the edges and pull it out, careful not to pull the lid and get dirt in. Turns out it was buried about 5 months ago by a couple of little girls who wrote a letter to the finder. Pretty cute stuff. A couple pairs of kids sunglasses., a pen some other little toys. I am glad that my daughter was right therre to share the fun.

Attachments

• qazx.jpg
    qazx.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 502
  • xzxs.jpg
    xzxs.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 509
  • xxxzx.jpg
    xxxzx.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 501
  • wasz.jpg
    wasz.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 499
Upvote 0
Way cool find!!!
Sounds like you & your daughter had a great time...
Could ya tell us what the note said, got to be a cute note... I think I would put in back with another note, & add a few more goodies, probably would really make someones day to find it again,,, Maybe go back and check on it later to see what kind, if any activity is taking place with it... Sounds like fun....
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Nice find. I'd love to find an old time capsule. I remember back in the early 60's we buried one at our school. Now it's a parking lot, and I wonder if it was ever dug up.

HH 8) surfrat

Nice story and finds.I would of loved to watched your little girls reaction to the find.

Congrats on the capsule find ! Don't mean to be so nosey, but could you let us know what the note said ? H H !

Huntin' 59er

? ? ? ? ?Now thats what I call " REAL TREASURE" ?It might not be a chest
? ? ? ? full of PIECES-OF-EIGHT.... but WOW...! ? ?Cool Find... HH ? BRINK
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Nice finds, and good story!

HH

Lonewolfe

Should put a pull tab and another note in there for prosperity... :D

Sounds like a great day with your daughter.WTG!!

Here is what the note said:

Dear opener of box, Please know that we picked these things out with care. We put this tin in the ground on February 3rd of 2005.
Sincerly, Than their names. And they even put thumb prints next to their names. Way cute. Yes, we are going to rebury it. My kids and some of their friends in the neighborhood are going to add some things, then back in the ground it goes. Thanks for all the responses. It was great fun.

I have noticed a lot of demolition going on over the years in the downtown area of my City by Urban Renewal. Nearly all those old buildings have corner stones and behind the corner stone there is traditionally a time capsule. I never hear of anyone finding one so I wonder if the demo contractors just scarf whatever is there up and keeps mum ? JIM

REALLY A BEST FIND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) ADD TO IT AND REBURY IT. i WOULD CALL THE KIDS THAT BURRIED IT AND LET THEM KNOW !!! :) :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back