Stumped

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found this oddity in a historic part of town.

It's brass and appears to have been in a fire. It''s base is oval shaped so despite the appearance in the photos those are not threads on the bottom. At the top there is what looks like a capital G, and some letters below. Under 32x magnification it kind of looks like it says "ACEMAN", but that may not be correct.

I've been lightly scrubbing it with a small wire brush to get the black crud off. I'll probably try to soak it in PB Blaster, and try again, but this is where I'm at with it.

If anyone recognizes it before I ruin it, or waste any more time on something that's just junk, that would be awesome.

20190628_210944.jpg

20190628_205916.jpg

20190628_210254.jpg

20190628_210254.jpg

Thats an antique stopper patented early TOC for a water bag, bottle or canteen.

patent schrader.jpgwater bag stopper.JPGpatent bottle chain.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cool you have one just like mine and in way better condition, but the patent item is round and has threads.

But so far that's the best ID anyone has come up with.
Thank you.

Upvote 0
Cool you have one just like mine and in way better condition, but the patent item is round and has threads.

But so far that's the best ID anyone has come up with.
Thank you.

Looks like yours is damaged

Upvote 0
Very much so, yes.

What does yours say?
Its not mine. I remember helping make the ID years ago by finding the Schrader patents. Most of them say A Schrader's Son but I seem to remember something similar to Aceman but it was years ago.

Upvote 0
jgas found it back in 2009 and he considered it solved.
jgas is still an active member. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/142388-couple-what-thingys.html

Unfortunately the links do not work but I copy and pasted this:
Thanks for the abundant replies. They are most appreciated. Hey Cheyenne, after further cleaning of stopper thing I found some wording on the top edge that states "Schrader's Son". I can only find stuff related to underwater diving equipment. There also appears to be an engraving of a vase on the crown part with "Makers Mark" on it. Maybe that might help our search.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cool thing with a great ID, great job

Upvote 0
Astounding guys, thank you very much.

I stand corrected,I guess those are threads. Now I can throw it in my scrap brass bucket.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back