Jan 9, 2005
Stillwater, NY - Home of the Battle of Saratoga
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore starting June 2023
Minelab Equinox 800
Prior to 2020 - Whites VX3, XLT, Spectrum XLT, 6000di and 1DB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I have been trying to get my father into metal detecting for years. He has been the one that bought me my first two metal detectors when I was a teenager, and over the he has used my hand-me-downs. I kept telling him though to take my hand-me-downs to a dealer and trade them in and get something better, but he was never really as interested in metal detecting as I am.

Well, this past weekend he comes down to my sons 4th birthday, and shows me the new White's Prizm III detector he bought last week. I give him a very short tutorial on how to use (less then 5 minutes) and then we get caught up in party stuff.

Well, he calls me last night and tells me he went out detecting the very first time on his own, with his very own detector, on Tuesday, and the very first coin he finds is an 1864 L Indian head in XF condition. Between the coin, and the two detectors he traded in, his new detector is paid for.

I am trying to get him to join this forum. Hopefully he will and post a photo. If not, Ill see him at my nephews birthday and take a photo of the coin to post.

Anthony

Upvote 0
That's great Anthony. Might be a good way to spend some quality time with your dad.

Kent

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back