JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a few hours to metal detect after work and Thanksgiving set up. Headed once again to the school by my home. Found a bunch of change and trash for whatever reason managed another musket ball here which makes no sense as nothing was here before the school and the school is from 1970s. Though I guess all the land here used to be a massive ranch in the 1800s so maybe a hunting area before development. But anyways I'd dug tons of signals and refused to leave til I got gold or silver. Well as my frustration started to boil over I got a 96 small quiet clean high tone. I figured quarter as they always come up as that on the D2. Dug and nothing. About 8 inches down in a clod of dirt I see shine finally a damned silver ring lol. I'm far too stubborn.

Attachments

• 20231122_162911.jpg
    20231122_162911.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
  • 20231122_162842.jpg
    20231122_162842.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
  • 20231122_174623.jpg
    20231122_174623.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 51
  • 5f49586e-00c5-40f2-8a46-71cc683aa682.jpg
    5f49586e-00c5-40f2-8a46-71cc683aa682.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
Upvote 26
Found a few hours to metal detect after work and Thanksgiving set up. Headed once again to the school by my home. Found a bunch of change and trash for whatever reason managed another musket ball here which makes no sense as nothing was here before the school and the school is from 1970s. Though I guess all the land here used to be a massive ranch in the 1800s so maybe a hunting area before development. But anyways I'd dug tons of signals and refused to leave til I got gold or silver. Well as my frustration started to boil over I got a 96 small quiet clean high tone. I figured quarter as they always come up as that on the D2. Dug and nothing. About 8 inches down in a clod of dirt I see shine finally a damned silver ring lol. I'm far too stubborn.
Very nice John
Congratulations
Happy Thanksgiving

You did good John, persistence pays off, may the next one be gold.

You did good John, persistence pays off, may the next one be gold.
Lol hours wasted wise it wasn't really worth it. But oh well fun to me. Well beyond the infestation of fire ants anytime I kneeled down to dig I'd end up with fire ants on me and biting me lol

JVA you did good thanks for sharing with us

John
I like your willingness to stay the course and continue searching for gold or silver and not giving up.
I will remember your words of wisdom next time I’m out there

John
I like your willingness to stay the course and continue searching for gold or silver and not giving up.
I will remember your words of wisdom next time I’m out there
Lol my stubbornness has very little pay off. Those hours spend isn't worth the tiny silver ring lol. But got to be at least a gold or two somewhere out there just haven't got it under my coil

Congrats!! Beautiful finds👍

Lol my stubbornness has very little pay off. Those hours spend isn't worth the tiny silver ring lol. But got to be at least a gold or two somewhere out there just haven't got it under my coil
Your determination will reward you John
The D2 will find it…
How are you liking the D2 I’m debating getting one

The D2 will find it…
I like it once I figured out how to tinker with the settings as needed I find it to be a beast of a detector

The D2 will find it…
Running it at reactivity 1.5 and on the highest frequency. Getting surprisingly great depth even with the high frequency. Even at 1.5 reactivity getting good separation. I go low and slow. The depth of that ring was about 8 inches and heard it quite clear. It was hitting lots of dimes and quarter that were sitting on their sides

When it comes to this hobby, stubborness, perseverence and determination go a long way. I like to think I find a lot of my keepers because I work harder than those who hit the areas before me. Nice ring and keep up the great work!

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back