Struck Awesome Again!

Lcb24kt

Jan 31, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75, Blisstool, Whites TDI, Whites MXT all pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't think I could ever find something like this, This could be one of my best finds, Miniature Portrait of a British Soldier in a round with glass intact cleaned since photo was taken and its believed to be gold framed. British troops had been in area.
Thanks for looking.

Clean just a bit waiting to hear back from a Art Restoration & Antique Repair

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 526
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 518
  • SDC10288.JPG
    SDC10288.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 362
  • SDC10290.JPG
    SDC10290.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 359
Upvote 0
Are you going to post the after pics?

I hate to say this, but to me that looks like a corroded 1980s era portrait studio charm. I still have one kicking around with my family portrait on it from Penney's or Sears or something. Cheap zinc potmetal with a chrome-like plating on it. Will be interested to see what it cleans up like.

Called well known Auction house in NY and in Phila they are putting me in touch with restorers, and no I am not going to sell.

Lcb24kt said:
Called well known Auction house in NY and in Phila they are putting me in touch with restorers, and no I am not going to sell.

No sorry not from 1980s era portrait studio charm. it is Gold and was looked at by a Major Art Dealer. And it's not a photograph inside but a painted picture of someone wearing a British Uniform, unless Cornwallis marched his troops to Sears then you may have a point.

Lcb24kt said:

I'm not sure it has much resale value but a very cool find and would look great in a collection.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back