fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can someone tell me the legal definition of a stream and lake as used by the fin and feathers folk, and where to find it? When does a manmade pond become a lake? At what point does mountain side spring time run off become a stream?

the legal definition of a stream and lake: Is 1 It depends on what state you are in or talking about. But in general there is no real difference. A water shed is a water shed.

Seasonal ponds like in quarries and old diggings are not water course drainage or tributary.

Seasonal ponds like in quarries and old diggings are not water course drainage or tributary.

We think alike, but could that seasonal pond in an old diggins be called a lake? Trying to find their definition in writing, I think I hear a muffled plink, plink, tink sound

EZ to do-Google California Wildlife Relationships System
California Department of Fish and Game
California Interagency Wildlife Task Group-by William F. Greenwall Jr. Explains when what becomes what,how and when. John

EZ to do-Google California Wildlife Relationships System
California Department of Fish and Game
California Interagency Wildlife Task Group-by William F. Greenwall Jr. Explains when what becomes what,how and when. John

Awesome! Thank you John, that's the verbage I was looking for, tried all else and got nowhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back