paleomaxx

Aug 14, 2016
Upstate, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this a few weeks ago and forgot about it in my random metal pile. I thought it was a zinc wheel off a toy canon or something, but it's made of lead and extremely soft so it being off a toy doesn't make a lot of sense. I found it in a hill-side dump that I briefly explored. There was a ton of glass and pottery shards which suggest it was an 1860-1890's dump and I found several huge 2-foot sections of lead pipe as well. One thought was a flywheel, but most of the weight is towards the center and a flywheel would need the weight distributed around the edges so maybe not. Any thoughts?

DSC00690.JPGDSC00691.JPGDSC00692.JPGDSC00693.JPG

My guess it's a wheel off a toy wagon.
Nice Find!

I have a "grill" (?) to an (automobile?), that is made up from lead.
Perhaps, the lead toy wheels made less noise on wooden floors...??
Anyway, here's my relic.
lead grill.JPG

Upvote 0
399b00a9f69bb0fbeb5698e9cdd8d1e6.jpgI was thinking old gyroscope. Maybe just a toy?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's too funny; I have one of those telephone magneto's sitting on my desk at work. It actually still puts out a pretty solid charge, but I use it mostly for demonstrations or just to fidget with. That's cool that you've dug some parts of them up though. I don't think the lead would do too well in a system with actual torque since it's so soft. It's looking like the toy cannon wheel is a solid guess. From a simpler time when you handed pure lead to your kids and said "have fun!" :laughing7:

I wish I could find the brass cannon barrel; now that would be cool!

Upvote 0
Your's is whats left of an old lead cell of a Lead Acid Battery

vhs07
Hey, thanks!
I always wondered what it was, but hadn't thought of that! Now I know.........

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back