Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this near a fresh water pond . I thought it looked wierd so I put it in my pocket ....now it's here ..... The rock has that 'ivory' colored stuff exposed in the interior pockets . It don't think it's quartz . The outer parts of it looks like shale (thats just a guess {I don't know much about rocks} ) maybe a fossil of some type ??

mojjax

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 706
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 717
  • Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 706
You have yourself a fossilized clam. Have found hundreds of them in claybanks up off the beach. The white is just another form of crystalization.

Upvote 0
RickyD said:
You have yourself a fossilized clam. Have found hundreds of them in claybanks up off the beach. The white is just another form of crystalization.

Maybe he had a mouth full of pearls when he fossilized... LOL :D

Upvote 0
mojjax said:
Found this near a fresh water pond . I thought it looked wierd so I put it in my pocket ....now it's here ..... The rock has that 'ivory' colored stuff exposed in the interior pockets . It don't think it's quartz . The outer parts of it looks like shale (thats just a guess {I don't know much about rocks} ) maybe a fossil of some type ??

mojjax
:D :D :D I bet you were a great kid to have around.....! :D :D ;)

Upvote 0
Reminds me of one I found a few years ago. In a fresh water stream bed. I call it the cave rock...

Attachments

• cave rock.jpg
    cave rock.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 324
  • cave rock.jpg
    cave rock.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 320
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back