image-881543201.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 129
  • image-3547704149.jpg
    image-3547704149.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 129
  • image-561066301.jpg
    image-561066301.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 121
Lime- or sandstone. Can a knife scratch it?

Upvote 0
From the top view it looks like a prehistoric bicycle seat and now I know why they said Ughh a lot. Other than that it does look somewhat like a pork chop but as I recall they did not have pigs when that one was made. Unusual looking specimen, what are the inclusions?. Also, it looks like it could be sandstone, you got any sand in Texas?..............63bkpkr

PS - once my stepdad told me that Texas is the only state one could be stuck up to their axles (sp?) in mud and still have sand blow in ones face. Any truth to that? [just understand I'm kinda punchy right now, woke up at 11:45 PM could not go back to sleep so decided to relax with a bit of tea and it is now 2:43 AM and I'm ready for some sleep after enjoying some Tnet reads] Have fun :hello:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
63bkpkr said:
From the top view it looks like a prehistoric bicycle seat and now I know why they said Ughh a lot. Other than that it does look somewhat like a pork chop but as I recall they did not have pigs when that one was made. Unusual looking specimen, what are the inclusions?. Also, it looks like it could be sandstone, you got any sand in Texas?..............63bkpkr

PS - once my stepdad told me that Texas is the only state one could be stuck up to their axles (sp?) in mud and still have sand blow in ones face. Any truth to that? [just understand I'm kinda punchy right now, woke up at 11:45 PM could not go back to sleep so decided to relax with a bit of tea and it is now 2:43 AM and I'm ready for some sleep after enjoying some Tnet reads] Have fun :hello:

Funny! And I was up late too. Hence comparing the rock to a pork chop :) Texas weather is different one day to the next it's like Forrest's mama said about a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get! Thanks for looking and for the laugh!! :)

Upvote 0
At first glance, because of the symmetry, even of the inclusions in the "top", I thought it might be a fossil...but it sure looks like sandstone...interesting find!

Upvote 0
"PS - once my stepdad told me that Texas is the only state one could be stuck up to their axles (sp?) in mud and still have sand blow in ones face. Any truth to that?"

Funny you should ask...it happened to me yesterday north east of Big Bend. God Bless four wheel drive and big diesel engines!

Upvote 0
Hey Grizz,
A diesel in a 4 x 4 is a great low, low end with tons of torque as long as the tires hold onto the ground. Glad you got out!.........63bkpkr

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back