Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My buddy found this up here in Nova Scotia and were not sure the age or what type it is. The shank is also gone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! [emoji2]
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446310444.844932.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446310454.530440.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446310464.690022.jpg

Looks like a good candidate for a lemon juice soak and a little brushing.

Upvote 0
I looks like the top number says 1920 and the bottom 1784 or 1794? And looks like its says nova scotia along the bottom. I can only make out the scotia though. Top is unreadable yet. I could be wrong on everything though knowing me sometimes. Haha

Upvote 0
I looks like the top number says 1920 and the bottom 1784 or 1794? And looks like its says nova scotia along the bottom. I can only make out the scotia though. Top is unreadable yet. I could be wrong on everything though knowing me sometimes. Haha

Well keep cleaning. I revised my last post, but said my gut tells me it's not an early item. guess we'll see soon enough.

Upvote 0
So far the lemon juice is helping. I even see a maker on the back that i cant read now. Any ideas yet?
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446312219.972137.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446312237.868624.jpg

Upvote 0
So far the lemon juice is helping. I even see a maker on the back that i cant read now. Any ideas yet?]

Don't know, but pretty sure it's not an early button, and not 100% convinced it's even a button. Unfortunately I don't think it will get much better, but likely still enough to ID. Might just take some time.

Upvote 0
Don't know, but pretty sure it's not an early button, and not 100% convinced it's even a button. Unfortunately I don't think it will get much better, but likely still enough to ID. Might just take some time.

I agree not too old. Possibly 1920's i guess. Maybe just coat button or something. Hope it can be solved though.

Upvote 0
Interesting find. I could be wrong, but it may not be a button. The thing that gets me is the writing on the reverse; never seen that before. The area that looks to be a shank could be corrosion. I don't think it's valuable, so you could try some Naval Jelly with 0000 steel wool to get the words...but, once you do that, there's no turning back. I repeat; there's no turning back. Please, consult others!

aj

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I think it may be a Nova Scotia Chauffeur badge and the 1784 is the registration number not a date - like this:

NOVA SCOTIA - Badge News
:hello2:

Beat me to it, I could see it was a badge, although, thats not a full ID like this lol...but it might have steered things....

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back