STRANGE COIN STORY

mfc83

Feb 27, 2010
MILLSBORO,DE
Detector(s) used
FISHER 1280X ,FISHER F2,BOUNTY HUNTER IV , TESORO CUTLASS UMAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THIS WAS BACK A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO BUT IT IS A KINDA INTRESTING STORY SO I THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE IT W THE PIC. I WAS IN A FIELD METAL DETECTING ALONG AND THIS KID ABOUT 21 WALKS UP ASKS ME IF THAT THING WILL FIND GOLD . I SAID I REALLY HOPE SO BUT DIDNT THINK THERE WAS ANY IN THIS FIELD. HE POINTS TO THE CORNER OF THE FIELD AND A BIG TREE THAT HAD A DEER STAND IN IT AND SAID A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO I WAS HUNTING UP THAT TREE AND REACHED INTO POCKET AND DROPPED A 5 DOLLAR GOLD COIN . OK FLAG ON PLAY WHY WOULD YOU CARRY A GOLD COIN DEER HUNTING IDK BUT WHATEVER. I TOLD HIM I WOULD TAKE A LOOK WHEN I GOT AT THAT END OF FIELD SO HE WALKED ALONG WITH ME. WALKED UP TO TREE CHECKED RGT SIDE NOTHING THEN LEFT SIDE GOT A SIGNAL ITS A GOLD COIN JUST THAT EASY I PICKED IT UP TOOK A PIC AND HANDED IT OVER HE SAID THANKS A WALKED AWAY. ONE OF MY BEST FINDS AND IT WASNT IN MY HAND FOR 30 SECONDS

Attachments

• 0218111354.jpg
    0218111354.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,163
Upvote 0
Ok, thats bizarre but awesome. Did you ask him why he was carrying it around? Maybe he just knew of someone else that lost it there and wanted to beat him to it. Maybe it was just a good luck charm that he carried around. Maybe it was his grandfathers.

:icon_scratch: A keepsake ??? perhaps a deer hunters good luck piece ::) that is really odd but Kool and worthy of recognition :hello2: :laughing7: :headbang: Well Done ! :icon_thumleft:

I have one of those in the horn of my saddle and a $2.50 in the other.

You can always say you found a gold coins, many are still wantning... :icon_thumleft:

That is very strange... It had to be his good-luck charm, maybe passed down from his father or grandfather....

Cool find, you should of told him you lost that $20 bill in his wallet about 4 years ago :wink: :laughing7:

He was "an angel unaware" or a ghost. :laughing7:

It was very nice of you to help that fellow out! I've found a few items for people but nothing like that.

thats kid was lucky you were around :headbang:

you could have told him you were out of time, and then left. And then returned to go look for the gold coin, that is if you wanted it for yourself. Since you found it for him he should have given you some money, that's a valuable coin.

Why he was carrying the coin is a tough question, but its a great story.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back