strange chain found

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
i found this part of a chain on an old trail beside a stream, up near Sebago lake. it is some type of cast iron chain, but i dont know if it is part of a wearable belt or perhaps a chain that was used as a type of belt on old farm equipment or... ?... any ideas ?. by the style of it, i don't think it was the type used with a sprocket. i have not tried to clean it up yet and it is seized up on most of it. and the links seem to connect in a reverse or alternating pattern every 2 links. thanks.

Pat.

Attachments

• MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 383
  • MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 378
Upvote 0
Looks like a chain from a conveyor. I saw ones like that in Alaska in the Salmon cannerys. They called it s22 or something like that. It is now made of plastic. (Isn't every thing).

Yes it is an Ag chain. It is used on different conveyors, planters and Iv'e even seen it on manure spreaders.
Cool find. wonder what it was doing beside a creek?
HH
RainDog

I love this Place. Within a few posts we Identify finds almost every time and get a good history lesson too. Actually in Maine to there was some old Cannery's and some have now been converted to artist community and shops. I used to live in Rockport,just up the road from Camden. I love that area. I built a custom home over looking the lake back in 1976. Total cost back then for a 3600 square foot was just under 75,000 dollars. today its worth a little over a mil probably? :D. Great find Lobsterman.HH

cool find!

hh

lonewolfe

Thanks guys i appreciate the help with that one, geez, and i was hoping it was a medeval bracelet from the ancient order of the Knights of New England ;D

Pat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back