🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Strange brass item

Moonforest

Sep 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hoping someone can help identify this one. Its made of brass. No markings on it.
1114231844~2.jpg
1114231844a~2.jpg

Strange piece.

Upvote 0
I think it is a type of saddlers pricking wheel with the stitching wheel and handle missing.

Upvote 1
I think it is a type of saddlers pricking wheel with the stitching wheel and handle missing.
All the ones I can see on Google are different from this. The handle is more straight behind the wheel then this would be though it's certainly possible. On Facebook people also suggested automatic candle snuffer, break handle for a wagon and some kind of horse tack. I've yet to find anything like it on the internet yet. Maybe it will stay a mystery. Lol

Upvote 1
All the ones I can see on Google are different from this. The handle is more straight behind the wheel then this would be though it's certainly possible. On Facebook people also suggested automatic candle snuffer, break handle for a wagon and some kind of horse tack. I've yet to find anything like it on the internet yet. Maybe it will stay a mystery. Lol
There were probably 5000 various designs depending on what the tradesperson was making.

Upvote 2
To me it looks like it has something to do with capping old bottles

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back