✅ SOLVED Strange 3rd Party Political Statement Altered Penny?

springsnrings

Apr 24, 2013
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this penny a few days ago and it was quite an interesting find. The reason I'm posting it here is because I wanted to know if anyone had ever found another one like it or may know if it has any kind of similarity to the Kennedy/Lincoln penny as far as who made it or what it was used to promote if anything. For all I know,it could have been someone who just had a lot of time on their hands and decided to make a bit of artwork out of a penny. The penny looks like Lincoln has on a helmet and glasses with a scarf. There's like an anarchy symbol on his arm. I'm not sure if it was someone's way of making a political statement or just the "artist"'s way of a signature. Anyway,the 'A',bottom of the scarf,and the glasses have been made with a stamp of some kind... Funny Penny 2.JPGFunny Penny.JPG

Just some interesting artwork, similar to the Hobo Nickels!

Frank

View attachment 818864

I didn't know they even had such a thing. That's pretty cool. ;) Thanks for the help again,Frank. :) By the way,nice to know another local treasure hunter from Jefferson Co. Happy Hunting,we might cross paths sometime. LOL

Upvote 0
I think the artist was trying to depict a flyer with goggles and cap and the A was to depict Airborne. cool find even if not valuable.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back